Research Scientist-Heart Failure
It's an exciting time to be part of drug discovery. Are you looking for an opportunity to join an established pharmaceutical company dedicated to finding the best therapies for its patients? The Diabetic Complications Therapeutic Area (DCTA) of Eli Lilly and Company focuses on the discovery of biologics and small molecule therapeutics for the treatment of diabetes and associated complications. We have an exciting opportunity for a Research Scientist - CardioRenal Discovery to play a key role in the discovery of novel therapies for heart failure. Do you have key expertise in heart failure or cardiac complications? Do you want to work with new technologies to discover innovative therapies? Are you prepared to work toward leading project teams?
We need someone with cardiac disease expertise to join our team. Some of your responsibilities in this role will include:
- Identify, validate new disease targets,
- Lead or participate in drug discovery project teams to identify therapeutics for clinical testing and oversee laboratory scientists.
- Develop in vivo disease and pharmacodynamics models and in vitro assays to test experimental therapeutics.
- Utilize the latest technology
- Identify and manage academic collaborations.
Our Research scientists are given considerable independence which is coupled with a high level of accountability. Teamwork within and outside of the DCTA Discovery is critical.Company Overview
At Lilly, we unite caring with discovery to make life better for people around the world. We are a global healthcare leader headquartered in Indianapolis, Indiana. Our employees around the world work to discover and bring life-changing medicines to those who need them, improve the understanding and management of disease, and give back to our communities through philanthropy and volunteerism. We give our best effort to our work, and we put people first. We're looking for people who are determined to make life better for people around the world Basic Qualifications
- PhD with training in cardiac function and heart failure
- At least 2 years experience of relevant academic or industry drug hunting experience
- Experience working in biotechnology/pharmaceutical industry or nationally recognized, independent academic research lab
- Expertise in heart failure, cardiac pathophysiology and cardiomyocyte function.
- Ability to conduct surgery and analysis of pressure-volume loop relationships and/or echocardiography in rodents is an advantage.
- Basic understanding of human genetics and biomarkers is a plus.
- Excellent oral/written communication/listening skills are essential.
- Strong relationship-building and interaction skills with peers and management
The position is full-time and the position level will be commensurate with the candidate's experience. The position is governed by regulations including OSHA, AAALAC, OLAW and NRC — compliance to all applicable regulations is mandatory.
Lilly is an EEO/Affirmative Action Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of age, race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, protected veteran status, disability or any other legally protected status