Senior Strategic Analytics Associate
As a Senior Strategic Analytics Associate, you will request and provide guidance/interpretation of data for various organizations including case management, surveillance, quality, investigator sites, and medical personnel. You will collaborate with stakeholders to analyze workflows and business processes to identify improvement opportunities, productivity enhancements, and increased quality of data and process.
In this role, you will proactively assess and advise the Global Patient Safety (GPS) business on key upcoming/emerging trends, develope use cases that translate business issues into user stories and subsequent mapping into a technology solution, and research new technologies and work with business, corporate analytics, and IT teams in building and deploying applications/analytics models. You will influences development of complex queries and networks with key stakeholders while leading strategic discussions across functions/regions supported to define reporting solutions and direction. Other activities will include:
- Utilize existing data sources within GPS (e.g. Lilly Safety Systems (Argus), Truven), outside of GPS (e.g. Inform) and external to Lilly (e.g. FAERS). Assess business issues and work towards analytics solutions (mapping available data and identifying gaps).
- Manage and analyze complex datasets (across multiple platforms e.g. LSS, Mosaic, Inform, FAERS)
- Provides subject matter expertise for inspections and audits in relation to safety data and reporting.
You will utilize your knowledge and skill for oversight and/or development of new systems, tools, technologies and strategies in support of related business processes. You will actively participate in discussions within Global Patient Safety on process improvement and new development efforts. You will partner with Quality to ensure that standard validation principles and system development methodologies are utilized to build and maintain GPS- based applications. Additionally you will:
- Influence direction and deliverables of Data Systems Analyst (DSA) team
- Leverages applications and development efforts within the GPS organization and other regional centers to maintain alignment and develop consistency as appropriate across GPS
- Leads efforts to ensure consistency of practice and use of new/existing tools and processes for reporting
Operational excellence is a critical component in this role. To accomplish this, you will provides consultation and partnership with GPS leadership and Quality to deliver upon regulatory and audit requests. You will lead engagement to define, deliver, and report operational measures. This role also provides oversight to the definition and implementation of reporting tools and applications that provide insight into operations. You will work to ensure compliance in existing regulations/guidelines to ensure alignment of deliverables within standard operating expectations. Additionally you will:
- Understand the confidential nature of company information and takes necessary steps to ensure its protection; including execution of confidentiality agreements before disclosing such information to outside parties
- Understand the roles of the EU Qualified Person (QP) and ensures support is provided to fulfill the QP legal responsibilities
At Lilly, we unite caring with discovery to make life better for people around the world. We are a global healthcare leader headquartered in Indianapolis, Indiana. Our 39,000 employees around the world work to discover and bring life-changing medicines to those who need them, improve the understanding and management of disease, and give back to our communities through philanthropy and volunteerism. We give our best effort to our work, and we put people first. We're looking for people who are determined to make life better for people around the world.
- Bachelor in Information Management, Mathematics, Statistics, Computer Science or relevant scientific discipline.
- 5+ years of experience with data, reporting, and processes/systems
- Qualified candidates must be legally authorized to be employed in the United States. Lilly does not anticipate providing sponsorship for employment visa status (e.g., H-1B or TN status) for this employment position
- Experience in operational and workflow analysis.
- Demonstrates experience and comfort with programming as well as using data analysis tools such as Excel, SAS, and Business Objects.
- Demonstrates leadership in communicating effectively in written and verbal formats to various management levels
- Demonstrates effective collaboration with teams spanning multiple geographies to develop and deliver applications
- Represent the organization's analytics capabilities in various internal and external forums and conferences
- Demonstrates ability to be a self-starter comfortable with creating structure in an ambiguous environment; possesses a proven history of being a quick learner
- Experience working in a highly regulated environment
- Data Storage Technologies (e.g. SQL, Oracle, Access, etc.)
- Data Manipulation and Analysis Languages (e.g. VBA,SPARQL Python etc.)
- Visualization Technologies (e.g. Tableau/Spotfire/Advanced Excel etc.)
- Some travel may be required
- Lilly is an EEO/Affirmative Action Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of age, race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, protected veteran status, disability or any other legally protected status.