Post Doctoral Research Scientist-Immunology-FDE
It is an exciting time to join Lilly. Our San Diego site is growing in key areas. The Biotechnology & Immunology research group focuses on discovering innovative biotherapeutic medicines treating autoimmune diseases and related complications. We are seeking a highly motivated and dedicated scientist with a deep understanding of immunology and inflammatory diseases who also shares our passion to help patients live with a higher quality of life. You will work in a highly collaborative environment at the Lilly San Diego site and surrounding academic community.
We are seeking a Post-doctoral Research Scientist with a strong background in immunology and inflammatory diseases, preferably with experience studying cellular immunology, CRISPR-Cas9 technology, genomics and/or proteomics. In addition to being suitable for publication, the work you will do will involve understanding the key mechanisms that drive human autoimmune diseases such as inflammatory bowel disease (IBD) and Rheumatoid Arthritis (RA) leading to drug target identification and validation. Are you looking to extend your educational experience in an established pharmaceutical company with the energy and pace of a biotech? Are you ready to gain valuable industry experience while collaborating with academic institutions? We are looking for a highly engaged postdoctoral scientist to help further the understanding and treatment of autoimmune disease. This position may be right for you.
In this role you will have the opportunity to utilize these skills:
- Human innate immune cells including macrophage, dendritic cell differentiation as well as T-, B- cell differentiation
- Characterize in vitro immune responses relevant to human autoimmune diseases. Perform flow cytometry characterization, cell sorting, analysis of gene expression and epigenetic change.
- Generating gene-edited cells with CRISPR-Cas9 technology.
- Utilizing functional antibodies and specific small molecules to study targets of interest in cell-based assays (e.g. primary human cells) and in vivo animal disease models.
- Actively collaborate with local external academic laboratories to source ideas, patient specimens, and technologies.
- Record, analyze and communicate scientific ideas and data and also publish in a peer-reviewed journal.
At Lilly, we unite caring with discovery to make life better for people around the world. We are a global healthcare leader headquartered in Indianapolis, Indiana. Our 39,000 employees around the world work to discover and bring life-changing medicines to those who need them, improve the understanding and management of disease, and give back to our communities through philanthropy and volunteerism. We give our best effort to our work, and we put people first. We're looking for people who are determined to make life better for people around the world.Basic Qualifications
Ph.D in Immunology or related scientific discipline
- Has deep expertise in working with primary human/rodent tissue/cells.
- Knowledge and experience of in vivo pharmacology with various autoimmune/inflammatory disease models is a plus.
- Cell-based assay development experience with special emphasis on functional genomic methods for target validation (e.g. shRNA, CRISPR-Cas9, flow cytometry).
- Track record of scientific success proven by authorship on publications in excellent journals.
- This position is not permanent. It is for a fixed duration of 2 years with the potential to extend annually for up to 4 years.
- Lilly is an EEO/Affirmative Action Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of age, race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, protected veteran status, disability or any other legally protected status.