It is an exciting time to join Lilly. Our San Diego site is growing in key areas. The Biotechnology & Immunology research group focuses on discovering innovative biotherapeutic medicines treating autoimmune diseases and related complications. We are seeking a highly motivated and dedicated scientist with deep understanding and experience of cellular and molecular immunology, who also shares our passion to help patients live with a higher quality of life. You will work in a highly team-oriented and collaborative environment at the Lilly San Diego, CA site.
Are you also able to work independently to design, develop and validate immunology cell-based functional assays? Do you have experience with immunology assays? Are you able to learn new techniques and assays? The goal will be to deliver preclinical data to support novel therapeutics for future clinical testing and to investigate the mechanism of action of biological and small molecule therapeutics.
You will have the opportunity to contribute through:
- Developing immune functional cell-based assays using extensive immunology research-related technologies (e.g. primary human and mouse lymphocytes, cytokine assays, multi-color flow cytometry).
- Screening and analyzing data for protein or small molecule drugs in cell-based assays.
- Investigating cellular signal transduction, develop cellular activity assays, cytokine/receptor signaling (western, qPCR, intracellular staining, phosphor flow cytometry, confocal/image related techniques).
- Evaluating molecules in animal disease models to provide efficacy evidence to advance molecule for future clinical testing.
- Isolation, purification and culture of human, rat and mouse B cells for in vitro assays.
- Independently design and execute experiments, analyze, interpret and present experimental data.
- Adherence to good research practices, and laboratory e-notebook maintenance
At Lilly, we unite caring with discovery to make life better for people around the world. We are a global healthcare leader headquartered in Indianapolis, Indiana. Our 39,000 employees around the world work to discover and bring life-changing medicines to those who need them, improve the understanding and management of disease, and give back to our communities through philanthropy and volunteerism. We give our best effort to our work, and we put people first. We're looking for people who are determined to make life better for people around the world.
- B.S in biology, molecular and cellular immunology or a related biological area with 2 or more years of work experience in an academic institute or pharmaceutical industry or
- M.S. in biology, molecular and cellular immunology or a related biological area with research experience in an academic institute or pharmaceutical industry
- Qualified candidates must be legally authorized to be employed in the United States. Lilly does not anticipate providing sponsorship for employment visa status (e.g., H-1B or TN status) for this employment position.
- Extensive research experience of immunology and molecular biology.
- Basic understanding of multi-color flow cytometry.
- Understand and have experience with various in vivo animal autoimmune or inflammatory disease models.
Lilly is an EEO/Affirmative Action Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of age, race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, protected veteran status, disability or any other legally protected status.
Lilly credits its exceptional employees for its successes, and knows the key to ongoing achievement lies in attracting and retaining the best people. A company rich in heritage, Lilly employs individuals, conducts research and markets products worldwide. By providing for the unmet needs of our customers through a continuous stream of innovation, we will outgrow all competitors.
Lilly earns consistent and wide recognition for creating an exceptional work environment: •Business Week magazine 50 Best Places To Launch A Career™
•FORTUNE America's Most Admired Companies™
•FORTUNE 50 Best Companies for Minorities™
•Working Mother 100 Best Companies for Working Mothers™
•Industry Week magazine 100 Best-Managed Companies™
•Science magazine Best Companies for Scientists™