Postdoctoral Fellow, In Vivo Ophthalmology (2 years)
We are seeking an exceptional, highly motivated, and talented postdoctoral fellow (DVM, PhD, or MD-PhD) to perform in vivo and ex vivo experiments to explore safety of novel therapeutic targets for ocular diseases. In this position you will interact closely with other scientists and technicians in a laboratory.
Specifically, you will:
- Perform ocular examinations of animal models in drug safety studies;
- Apply established in vivo imaging modalities, including optical coherence tomography (OCT) in conjunction with further diagnostic techniques such as electroretinography (ERG);
- Participate in ongoing research projects ;
- Train and supervise laboratory technicians and fellow researchers to expand skills and knowledge within the team;
- Participate in scientific diligence to evaluate opportunities for internal/external innovation as well as presenting the laboratory’s scientific progress to internal stakeholders as well as the external academic and drug discovery community through presentations and peer-reviewed publications.
Who you are
You’re someone who wants to influence your own development. You’re looking for a company where you have the opportunity to pursue your interests across functions and geographies. Where a job title is not considered the final definition of who you are, but the starting point.
It is expected that you perform your research to the highest standards and integrity and publish your results in high quality, peer reviewed journals. In addition you are/have:
Please submit your application including a CV with a list of publications, 2 references and a Cover Letter.
- A doctorate or PhD in veterinary medicine, medicine, or related fields with relevant training in ophthalmology (ophthalmic examinations, ocular imaging);
- Hands-on experience with animal handling and procedures. Special knowledge in regards to veterinary anesthesia is a plus;
- Familiarity with ocular models and experience directly performing experiments using these models;
- You are well organized and committed to formal record keeping, a team player, and you foster a collaborative spirit with scientist and technician colleagues;
- You are independent, with project management skills and can adapt to a fast-paced changing environment;
- Excellent written and oral communication skills in English.
Who we are
Basel is the headquarters of the Roche Group and one of its most important centres of pharmaceutical research. Over 8,500 people from approximately 90 countries work in Basel, which is one of Roche`s largest sites.
Roche is an equal opportunity employer.
HR contact person: Luanda De Sa Pereira; Phone: +41 616878884
Link to apply: https://www.roche.com/careers/jobs/jobsearch/job.htm?id=E-3589666325&locale=en&title=Postdoctoral+Fellow%2C+In+Vivo+Ophthalmology+%282+years%29