Principal Scientist, Regenerative Medicine -179252
Principal Scientist, Regenerative Medicine -179252
Boehringer Ingelheim is an equal opportunity global employer who takes pride in maintaining a diverse and inclusive culture. We embrace diversity of perspectives and strive for an inclusive environment which benefits our employees, patients and communities.
Design and execute independent research that support Research Beyond Borders (RBB) Regenerative Medicine projects. Implement new technology and new experimental designs. Propose new projects aligned with the overall strategy. Manage and prioritize projects within the portfolio. Implement and communicate tactics for achieving overall RBB short, mid and long term project goals.
As an employee of Boehringer Ingelheim, you will actively contribute to the discovery, development and delivery of our products to our patients and customers. Our global presence provides opportunity for all employees to collaborate internationally, offering visibility and opportunity to directly contribute to the companies' success. We realize that our strength and competitive advantage lie with our people. We support our employees in a number of ways to foster a healthy working environment, meaningful work, diversity and inclusion, mobility, networking and work-life balance. Our competitive compensation and benefit programs reflect Boehringer Ingelheim's high regard for our employees
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Independently designs and performs scientific experiments with a predefined goal including developing new methodologies, protocols and or test procedures that contribute to core group/research goals and reflect expert knowledge; Direct and oversee experimental design and results of technicians and junior level scientists
- Contributes to defining R&D team goals and collaborates with scientists within and outside functional area in achieving them; Assumes departmental responsibility for projects OR has ability to participate as representative on multiple project teams and contribute to defining expertise-related aspects of overall program goals
- Prepares clear technical reports, publications and oral presentations. Independently communicate results in the form of reports and/ or presentations; Deliver updates to senior level management in context of overall project goals
- Demonstrates an expertise in a specific project-relevant area OR technology; Provide guidance and expertise to advance specific projects OR evaluate and propose new technologies and concepts in support of multiple projects
- Develops broad knowledge in field of expertise, including the ability to interpret current literature relevant to R&D projects, and visibility outside of functional area
- Assumes responsibility for direct reports as needed including recruiting, managing, mentoring and developing scientific staff
- Complies with all applicable regulations; Ensures that work performed in area of responsibility is conducted in a safe and compliant manner; Maintains proper records in accordance with SOPs and policies
- Contributes to departmental administration; Demonstrates fiscal responsibility with respect to cost of experiments, technology, external collaborations, and travel
- Ph.D. from an accredited institution, or equivalent, with five-plus (5+) years of experience in a related field or equivalent in pharma/biotech industry
- Track record in project leadership in space of regenerative medicine
- Proven track record demonstrating strong knowledge in stem cell in vitro assays
- Extensive knowledge on liver/pancreas/kidney regeneration in this area is required
Desired Skills, Experience and Abilities:
- Previous supervisory experience preferred
Must be legally authorized to work in the United States without restriction.
Must be willing to take a drug test and post-offer physical (if required)
Must be 18 years of age or older
Boehringer Ingelheim is one of the world’s top 20 pharmaceutical companies and operates globally with approximately 50,000 employees. Since our founding in 1885, the company has remained family-owned and today we are committed to creating value through innovation in three business areas including human pharmaceuticals, animal health and biopharmaceutical contract manufacturing. Since we are privately held, we have the ability to take an innovative, long-term view. Our focus is on scientific discoveries and the introduction of truly novel medicines that improve lives and provide valuable services and support to patients and their families. Employees are challenged to take initiative and achieve outstanding results. Ultimately, our culture and drive allows us to maintain one of the highest levels of excellence in our industry. We are also deeply committed to our communities and our employees create and engage in programs that strengthen the neighborhoods where we live and work. Boehringer Ingelheim, including Boehringer Ingelheim Pharmaceuticals, Inc., Boehringer Ingelheim USA, Boehringer Ingelheim Animal Health USA, Inc., Merial Barceloneta, LLC and Boehringer Ingelheim Fremont, Inc. is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer committed to a culturally diverse workforce. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race; color; creed; religion; national origin; age; ancestry; nationality; marital, domestic partnership or civil union status; sex, gender identity or expression; affectional or sexual orientation; disability; veteran or military status, including protected veteran status; domestic violence victim status; atypical cellular or blood trait; genetic information (including the refusal to submit to genetic testing) or any other characteristic protected by law.
Boehringer Ingelheim is firmly committed to ensuring a safe, healthy, productive and efficient work environment for our employees, partners and customers. As part of that commitment, Boehringer Ingelheim conducts pre-employment verifications and drug screenings.