Staff Scientist - Salgia Lab
City of Hope, an innovative biomedical research, treatment and educational institution with over 5,000 employees, is dedicated to the prevention and cure of cancer and other life-threatening diseases and guided by a compassionate, patient-centered philosophy.
Founded in 1913 and headquartered in Duarte, California, City of Hope is a remarkable non-profit institution, where compassion and advanced care go hand-in-hand with excellence in clinical and scientific research. City of Hope is a National Cancer Institute designated Comprehensive Cancer Center and a founding member of the National Comprehensive Cancer Network, an alliance of the nationâ€™s 20 leading cancer centers that develops and institutes standards of care for cancer treatment.
Requisition ID: 12988
Job Title: Staff Scientist
Position Summary and Key Responsibilities:
This position is within the Department of Medical Oncology and Therapeutics Research at the City of Hope.
The main focus of the PIâ€™s research is in solid tumors, especially in thoracic oncology. Of particular interest to this position, the broad aim is to explore immunotherapy and combinatorial treatment approaches in lung and other solid tumors. Using cell lines, clinical samples, and patient-derived xenografts, the main thrust is on translating this knowledge into personalized therapies with the ultimate goal to cure the disease. In addition, a corollary aim is the discovery of immune correlates that can predict disease progression, prognosis, and therapeutic selection and response.
Interested candidates must submit a letter of interest describing their relevant experience and suitability for the position and CV as a single file.
Minimum Education and Skills Required for Consideration:
- A Ph.D. degree in life or biomedical sciences, or a related discipline with demonstrated evidence of research experience and publications in high impact Journals is required.
- A minimum of 5 years of experience in cellular immunology and the ability to function independently as well as in a team is required.
- The candidate must have excellent written and oral presentation skills.
- Experience in writing, reviewing, and submitting IRBs and clinical protocols is highly desirable.
- Experience in bioinformatics and in using large clinical databases is highly desirable.
- Experience with preparing grant applications, and supervising lab personnel and clinical staff is a plus.
- Industry experience, especially in drug development, would be an added benefit.
City of Hope is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, status as a protected veteran, or status as a qualified individual with disability.