Intern, Mass Spec, Analytical Development
Intern for PhD student with a strong background in mass spec (particularly LC/MS) analysis of biomolecules (mRNA, proteins/peptides, lipids, glycans, etc). The intern will be primarily focusing on developing novel methods to characterize various biomolecules associated with the production and testing of mRNA therapeutics.
Here's What You'll Do:
- Develop novel mass spec methods to characterize nucleic acids and their derivatives.
Here's What You'll Bring to the Table:
- PhD, PhD candidate, or MS
- At least 3 years of demonstrated hands-on experience with mass spectrometry analysis of biomolecules, such as nucleotide/oligonucleotide characterization, peptide mapping, glycan mapping, PTM analysis, protein intact mass analysis, or related techniques
- Ability to develop bioinformatic tools to assist mass spectrometry data analysis with C#, Java or C++, or experience with oligonucleotide MS/MS experiments and data analysis.
- Willingness to learn new concepts and challenge boundaries; adaptability to change
- Organization and attention to details
- Strong interpersonal skills with an eagerness to work with and support colleagues in other departments
Why join Moderna Therapeutics
We are pioneering a new class of medicines made of messenger RNA, or mRNA. The potential implications of using mRNA as a drug are significant and far-reaching. It could transform not only how certain diseases are treated but also how medicines are discovered, developed and manufactured - at a breadth, scale and speed not common in the biopharma industry.
Since our founding in 2011, we have built the industry's leading mRNA technology platform, the infrastructure to accelerate drug discovery and speed early development, a rapidly expanding pipeline, and an unparalleled team. Our development pipeline includes development candidates for mRNA-based vaccines and therapies spanning several therapeutic areas, and we have multiple clinical trials already underway with other development candidates progressing toward the clinic. In addition, we have a number of discovery programs that are advancing toward the development stage.
We invite you to explore our site to learn more about our company and how we are advancing the promise of mRNA science to improve health and impact lives around the world.
Deliver on the promise of mRNA science to create a new generation of transformative medicines for patients.
Moderna is committed to equal employment opportunity and non-discrimination for all employees and qualified applicants without regard to a person's race, color, gender, age, religion, national origin, ancestry, disability, veteran status, genetic information, sexual orientation or any characteristic protected under applicable law. Moderna will make reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with known disabilities, in accordance with applicable law.