Contract Negotiator & Alliance Manager (m/f) - 182004
Contract Negotiator & Alliance Manager (m/f) - 182004
Boehringer Ingelheim is an equal opportunity global employer who takes pride in maintaining a diverse and inclusive culture. We embrace diversity of perspectives and strive for an inclusive environment which benefits our employees, patients and communities.
The Contracts and Alliance Management (CAM) group (a global acting team) is responsible for executing transactions and managing alliances that support the external innovation objectives of the Innovation Unit at Boehringer Ingelheim. As a contract negotiator, you will lead cross functional teams with research scientists and/or strategic partners in the negotiation of collaboration agreements with capped financials. In your capacity as an alliance manager, you will oversee partnership governance, which includes representatives from Boehringer Ingelheim and the partner, to enable joint decisions and implement them smoothly and transparently. The CAM group ensures that our teams continue to work together productively, quickly and effectively with external partners, addresses difficult issues, and drives conflict resolution. As a result of your expertise in this area, other members of the team are free to focus their full attention on their role in implementation in the R&D organization.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Provide guidance and advice to research scientists in their effort to establish external partnerships
- Assemble negotiation teams and conduct interviews with contract requestors to collect necessary information for drafting of fit-for-purpose agreements
- Establish strong relationships with internal and external stakeholders to address issues that may arise during the contract negotiation process
- Negotiate complex business terms including payment structures, IP ownership/licenses, publication rights, etc.
- In close collaboration with strategic partners and/or research scientists, prepare for decision making related to term sheet release and contract agreement by appropriate internal stakeholders
- Capture the development of new intellectual property and anticipate/ensure the release of payments according to the achievement of defined milestones. Monitor implementation and adherence to agreed upon research and development plans
- Set up and facilitate steering committee meetings according to contractual obligations. Ensure discussion and key action items are accurately captured and followed up
- In the event of dispute, convene teams of necessary business partners, including appropriate senior management, and facilitate discussions around appropriate dispute resolution
- Compliance/contract management – liaise with and laterally lead representatives from legal, finance, R&D, and other functions to ensure that key contract milestones, financial transactions, progress reports, etc. are handled appropriately and also to provide information/updates as needed
For this position we offer an interesting salary package considering your expertise and personal competencies as well as your professional experience. We are obliged by law to state the minimum salary according to the collective agreement, which amounts to € 42,913 gross per year (full-time) for this position. An overpayment is possible. Moreover, we offer our employees a variety of attractive social benefits which will be introduced in the personal interview.
- Advanced scientific degree (Ph.D. or MD, or MS with equivalent experience) and minimum of five (5) years of experience in the pharmaceutical industry
- Two (2) to four (4) years of experience in project management or related functions
- Valid scientific credentials are important to be able to translate the scientific concepts in a viable business model
- Proven negotiation skills that drive "win-win" outcomes in interdisciplinary teams - Problem solving ability is essential
- Ability to communicate concepts and results- both internally and externally
- High level of interpersonal and collaborative skills, ability to influence superiors and peers in a matrix organization
- Track record of successfully managing cross-functional projects
- Results driven, hands on mentality
- Proactive style required to represent Boehringer Ingelheim in negotiation with outside parties but also a team player and supportive of others within the BD&L team
- High familiarity and understanding of patents and legal concepts in contracts as well as understanding their implications in the context of a partnership
- Ability to engage with senior management and influence decisions that will impact collaborations
Innovative medicines for people and animals have for more than 130 years been what the research-driven pharmaceutical company Boehringer Ingelheim stands for. Boehringer Ingelheim is one of the pharmaceutical industry’s top 20 companies and to this day remains family-owned. Day by day, some 50,000 employees create value through innovation for the three business areas human pharmaceuticals, animal health and biopharmaceutical contract manufacturing. In 2016, Boehringer Ingelheim achieved net sales of around 15.9 billion euros. With more than three billion euros, R&D expenditure corresponds to 19.6 per cent of net sales.
Your application will be reviewed by our recruiting team as well as the respective department. Therefore, we do not state a specific contact person and kindly ask you to use a general salutation in your application.