2018 Digital Project Management Coordination Co-op - Madison, NJ
Merck & Co., Inc. Kenilworth, N.J., U.S.A. known as Merck in the United States and Canada, is a global health care leader with a diversified portfolio of prescription medicines, vaccines and animal health products. The difference between potential and achievement lies in the spark that fuels innovation and inventiveness; this is the space where Merck has codified its legacy for over a century. Merck’s success is backed by ethical integrity, forward momentum, and an inspiring mission to achieve new milestones in global healthcare.
Merck’s Animal Health (MAH) Division works to improve the health of animals around the world through collaborative partnerships and a deep sense of responsibility towards our customers, consumers, animals, society, and planet. This team of energetic, independent thinkers offers one of the industry’s most innovative portfolios of products, services, and technologies that serve to prevent, treat, and control diseases across all major farm and companion animal species both domestically and internationally.
The intern will work with the Global Digital Marketing Services team to support operational and tactical digital projects. Direct exposure to many different aspects Global and Local digital marketing campaigns. Be part of a team that provides digital support and strategy for all species teams across MAH for a wide range of products and diseases in the cattle, sheep, swine, poultry, aqua, companion animals and equine categories. The intern collaborate the Digital Marketing Services to develop and execute digital marketing campaigns and provide operational support and administrative tasks as needed. Key Responsibilities:
Support Digital Marketing Leads in the execution and delivery of digital projects across the team. Participate in team and agency meetings, manage projects, perform administrative tasks, perform testing, assist in approval processes, and other value added tasks as determined to help support the needs of Global Business Units
- Work with project stakeholders to define project scope and objectives, and communicate requirements to development teams across web, iOS and Android application projects
- Work with 3rd party digital vendors on build of application, website or mobile app and testing the applications
- Project manage the build and maintain of global and local web and mobile initiatives working with both internal marketers and external digital agencies.
- Manages web and app development and content management contractors to ensure global website and app comply with AH agency guidelines and are completed according to agreed timelines and budgets.
Education Minimum Requirements:
- Must be enrolled in a Bachelor’s Degree in Business, Marketing Management, IT or related degree program.
- Must be able to work full time for at least 6 months
Required Experience and Skills:
- Demonstrated interpersonal/communication and presentation skills
- Computer skills including working knowledge of Word, Excel and PowerPoint and the ability to use an iPad
- Ability to be organized, adapt to a changing environment, work cross functionally, independently and as part of a team
Preferred Experience and Skills:
- Previous project management experience is plus.
- Previous experience working on launching a website or mobile application.
Your role at Merck is integral to helping the world meet new breakthroughs that affect generations to come, and we’re counting on your skills and inventiveness to help make meaningful contributions to global medical advancement. At Merck, we’re inventing for life.
If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Search Firm Representatives Please Read Carefully:
Merck & Co., Inc. is not accepting unsolicited assistance from search firms for this employment opportunity. Please, no phone calls or emails. All resumes submitted by search firms to any employee at Merck via email, the Internet or in any form and/or method without a valid written search agreement in place for this position will be deemed the sole property of Merck. No fee will be paid in the event the candidate is hired by Merck as a result of the referral or through other means.
FTP2018 MAH2018 AHIntern2018
Visa sponsorship is not available for this position.
For more information about personal rights under Equal Employment Opportunity, visit:
NSBE, SWE, NOBCChE, SHPE
Job: Administrative Svcs Generic
Employee Status: Temporary
Number of Openings:
Shift (if applicable):
Company Trade Name: Merck