Production Planner/Detailed Scheduler/Buyer Specialist
Merck & Co., Inc. Kenilworth, N.J., U.S.A. known as Merck in the United States and Canada, is a global health care leader with a diversified portfolio of prescription medicines, vaccines and animal health products. The difference between potential and achievement lies in the spark that fuels innovation and inventiveness; this is the space where Merck has codified its legacy for over a century. Merck’s success is backed by ethical integrity, forward momentum, and an inspiring mission to achieve new milestones in global healthcare.
Merck Manufacturing Division, MMD, is a team of dedicated, energetic individuals who are committed to being the most trusted supplier of pharmaceuticals and health products worldwide. Our facilities, along with our external contractors, suppliers, and partners, comprise an interdependent global manufacturing network that’s committed to delivering a compliant, reliable supply to customers and patients on time, every time, across the globe.
As a member of the Planning team, the ProductionPlanner/Detailed Scheduler/Buyer works cross functionally partnering withOperations, Wilson Engineering Services, Engineering, Stability, and Quality toensure timely supply. This positionis critical to successful operations and demands an understanding of the end toend supply chain with ultimate responsibility for the overall Planning, Schedulingand Buying processes for the Wilson, NC site.
- Balance finished goods supply and demand through RapidResponse, exception management, and SAP APO
- In coordination with the Integrated Process Team (IPT), SupplyNetwork Planner (SNP) and/or franchise management, prioritize, sequence andcommunicate planned orders based on optimal resource allocation, availability,and constraint management.
- Manage, level load and report capacity utilization formonths 1-12
- Partner with production and support areas to critically analyzeand solve problems
- Allocate components while respecting batch determinationrules, use-by and revision dates, expiration dating, and other exceptions
- Manage printed components including revision changes,andpurchasing within lead time at the correct quantity in SAP ECC
- Adhere to standard work guidelines to ensure processmetrics are successfully achieved
- Communicate/escalate issues through the tier process forresolution and corrective actions
- Maintain site-related planning master data to achieve thecorrect planning result
- Participate in Deviation Management process includingauthor and SME input
- Encourage Supply Chain Knowledge transfer within the site
- Lead and champion SCM initiatives to influence and driveE2E performance
- Work cross-functionally and collaboratively to applyContinuous Improvement methodologies to drive business efficiencies
- Bachelor's Degree or higher in Business, Supply Chain, Engineering or Science discipline
- Minimum of one (1) year of Production Planning/Detailed Scheduling/Supply Chain Management experience in a highly regulated manufacturing or packaging environment
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills in a fast paced complex Pharma environment
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Organized and detail oriented
- Positive attitude, strong work ethic, ability to work under pressure, and be a fast learner
- Self-motivated individual with ability to work autonomously and with a high degree of accuracy
- Must be able to work in a Team-environment and collaborate cross-functionally
- Strong Microsoft Office Knowledge – especially Excel
- Financial acumen with risk based decision making
- Experience using SAP (ECC/APO/BI) and Kinaxis Rapid Response
- Data analytics with PivotTables, TIBCO Spotfire, charting, etc
- Continuous Improvement Methodology (LSS, Kata etc)
If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Search Firm Representatives Please Read Carefully:
Merck & Co., Inc. is not accepting unsolicited assistance from search firms for this employment opportunity. Please, no phone calls or emails. All resumes submitted by search firms to any employee at Merck via email, the Internet or in any form and/or method without a valid written search agreement in place for this position will be deemed the sole property of Merck. No fee will be paid in the event the candidate is hired by Merck as a result of the referral or through other means.
Visa sponsorship is not available for this position.
For more information about personal rights under Equal Employment Opportunity, visit:
Job: Supply Chain Mgmnt Generic
Employee Status: Regular
Number of Openings:
Shift (if applicable):
Company Trade Name: Merck