Associate Principal Scientist, Translational Biomarkers Operations
Merck & Co., Inc. Kenilworth, N.J., U.S.A. known as Merck in the United States and Canada, is a global health care leader with a diversified portfolio of prescription medicines, vaccines and animal health products. The difference between potential and achievement lies in the spark that fuels innovation and inventiveness; this is the space where Merck has codified its legacy for over a century. Merck’s success is backed by ethical integrity, forward momentum, and an inspiring mission to achieve new milestones in global healthcare.
Merck is on a quest for cures and is committed to being the world’s premier, most research-intensive biopharmaceutical company. Today, we’re doubling down on this goal. Merck Research Laboratories is a true scientific research facility of tomorrow, and will take Merck’s leading discovery capabilities and world-class small molecule and biologics R&D expertise to create breakthrough science that radically changes the way we approach serious diseases.
Translational Biomarker’s mission is to anticipate, discover, qualify and deploy biomarkers to inform pipeline decisions and provide diagnostics to increase the value of Merck. The Translational Biomarker Operations team is seeking an experienced professional that will help in our clinical trial biomarker operations.
- Determine and design biomarker logistic and planning needs for active clinical trials; provide assay-related material to clinical teams for assay implementation and execution at vendors and Merck’s labs
- Foster collaboration with biomarker and companion diagnostic scientists and other clinical and biomarker operations teams to assure alignment of requirements and logistics across clinical trial protocols.
- Work with vendors and clinical trial teams in assay-related issue identification and resolution during clinical trial execution at vendors.
- Facilitate sample management and movement for biomarker research projects.
- With other Translational Biomarkers Operations members, identify, assess, and implement operational improvements for the Translational Biomarker department as needed.
- BS in life sciences
- Experience in clinical trial operations (5+years)
- Experience in a GCP/GLP or CAP/CLIA lab (5+years).
- Excellent oral, presentation, and written communication skills.
- Prefer experience in project management and process improvement
Your role at Merck is integral to helping the world meet new breakthroughs that affect generations to come, and we’re counting on your skills and inventiveness to help make meaningful contributions to global medical advancement. At Merck, we’re inventing for life.
If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Search Firm Representatives Please Read Carefully:
Merck & Co., Inc. is not accepting unsolicited assistance from search firms for this employment opportunity. Please, no phone calls or emails. All resumes submitted by search firms to any employee at Merck via email, the Internet or in any form and/or method without a valid written search agreement in place for this position will be deemed the sole property of Merck. No fee will be paid in the event the candidate is hired by Merck as a result of the referral or through other means.
For more information about personal rights under Equal Employment Opportunity, visit:
Job: Research Science Generic
Employee Status: Regular
Travel: Yes, 10 % of the Time
Number of Openings:
Shift (if applicable):
Company Trade Name: Merck