Clinical Research Assistant I-Sedrak Research Team
City of Hope, an innovative biomedical research, treatment and educational institution with over 5,000 employees, is dedicated to the prevention and cure of cancer and other life-threatening diseases and guided by a compassionate, patient-centered philosophy.
Founded in 1913 and headquartered in Duarte, California, City of Hope is a remarkable non-profit institution, where compassion and advanced care go hand-in-hand with excellence in clinical and scientific research. City of Hope is a National Cancer Institute designated Comprehensive Cancer Center and a founding member of the National Comprehensive Cancer Network, an alliance of the nation's 20 leading cancer centers that develops and institutes standards of care for cancer treatment.
Job Title: Clinical Research Assistant I Sedrak Research Team
A Clinical Research Assistant I position is available immediately to join Dr. Sedrak's Research Team at City of Hope.
Looking for a recent graduate interested in a medical career who needs clinical medical research experience. Seeking candidates who are able to provide a 2 year commitment. Our research program focuses on cancer and aging issues. In particular, we are interested in the underrepresentation of older adults in cancer clinical trials, which has led to a lack of data on how older adults respond to new cancer treatments, a significant barrier in geriatric oncology. Our group is exploring new strategies to improve the participation of older adults in cancer clinical trials. The clinical research assistant I manages multiple research protocols to assure efficiency and regulatory compliance of the protocol. Driven candidates will have the opportunity to co-author journal publications, interact directly with patients and physicians, and lead independent projects. Candidates will also work directly with Dr. Sedrak, who can provide guidance and references for graduate/professional school applications. Must attend clinic and play an active role in patient recruitment. Must be able to identify and extract pertinent data from the medical record and comprehend medical terminology. Must have excellent oral/written communication and organizational skills. Spanish-speaking candidates are highly encouraged to apply.
Please submit both a Cover Letter and Resume/CV. Letter should be addressed toDr. Sedrak. When applying, please submit both resume/CV and cover letter in one file (since the application system only allows you to upload one file).
Minimum Education & Skills Required for Consideration:
- Bachelor's or higher
- Must have prior experience as a research assistant on an active clinical research project for a miniminum of 2 years
- Self-starter, driven, motivated to take initiative, and possess an ambitious curiosity
- Loves teamwork, but also great at prioritizing and managing multiple projects independently
- Excellent communication, interpersonal, and problem-solving skills
- Manage multiple research protocols to assure efficiency and regulatory compliance
- Assist in recruitment, screening, and consent of eligible study participants
- Administer standardized tools or questionnaires
- Collect data and safeguard the confidentiality of subjects as necessary
- Perform literature searches and maintain reference databases (e.g., EndNote)
- Help prepare and contribute to reports and research papers for publication and presentation at conferences
- Assist with grant applications and progress reports to funding agencies
- Attend and participate in relevant staff meetings and trainings
- Assist with applications to Institutional Review Boards and other regulatory materials
- Manage and respond to project related emails
- Follows established City of Hope and department policies, procedures, objectives, performance improvement, attendance, safety, environmental, and infection control guidelines, including adherence to the workplace Code of Conduct and Compliance Plan
- Practices a high level of integrity and honesty in maintaining confidentiality
- Performs other related duties as assigned or requested
City of Hope is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color national origin, sex, age, status as a protected veteran, or status as a qualified individual with disability.