Automation Engineer, 2nd Shift
Moderna is seeking an automation engineer for a position based in Norwood, MA. The individual in this role will provide support to the preclinical manufacturing team by automating manual processes and improving existing processes. He/she will program and maintain automated systems. The individual will work with the method developers and scientist to ensure the instruments are functioning to manufacturer's specifications. The ideal candidate must have at least 2 years of experience in the industry, specifically working with integrated systems, custom automation and skids, Hamilton liquid Handlers, and chromatography solutions. The successful candidate must demonstrate the ability to quickly master new processes and the drive to be part of a dynamic, fast paced, and highly motivated team.
Here's What You'll Do:
- Provide support for automation issues in the production suites to allow manufacturing to continue
- Manage and support: custom software protocols for custom skids, Hamilton Venus protocols, HighRes Cellario editors and Artel
- Create and maintain SOPs and reference guides for instruments and integrated automation systems
- Responsible for designing, implementing and documenting test plans for new processes, modifications and services to automated systems.
- Collaborate with scientists and engineers to create training programs for learning to use the automated systems
Here's What You'll Bring to the Table:
- Requires a BS in biology/engineering/biotechnology
- Minimum experience required of 2 years in industry, focused on troubleshooting lab automation for both device and software
- Previous experience with MES, DCS and PLCs
- Broad knowledge of automation platforms required, such as liquid handlers, automated storage devices, complex integrated systems and chromatography
- Experience operating/programming instrumentation and integrated systems
- Proven ability to successfully improve processes
- Requires hands-on lab work
- Outstanding communication skills (verbal and written)
- Ability to manage multiple projects in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to effectively collaborate effectively in a dynamic, cross-functional matrix environment
Here's What We'll Bring to the Table:
- Daily on-site catered lunches .
- Company-provided iPhone.
- Free parking, monthly subway pass or a subsidized commuter rail pass.
- Highly competitive healthcare coverage. Including: medical offered through BCBS (HMO/PPO), dental, and vision offered through VSP.
- Flexible Spending Accounts for medical expenses and dependent care expenses.
- 401k (traditional and Roth offered) with 50% match on first 6% deferred. Match is vested immediately.
- A suite of Moderna paid insurance coverage, including: life insurance, short-term and long-term disability
- Voluntary legal assistance plan
- 15 days' vacation and 7 sick days per year, in addition to a discretionary winter shut down and 11 company paid holidays.
- Adoption assistance, competitive parental leave, discount to local childcare centers , as well as access to Care.com
Why join Moderna Therapeutics
We are pioneering a new class of medicines made of messenger RNA, or mRNA. The potential implications of using mRNA as a drug are significant and far-reaching. It could transform not only how certain diseases are treated but also how medicines are discovered, developed and manufactured - at a breadth, scale and speed not common in the biopharma industry.
Since our founding in 2011, we have built the industry's leading mRNA technology platform, the infrastructure to accelerate drug discovery and speed early development, a rapidly expanding pipeline, and an unparalleled team. Our development pipeline includes development candidates for mRNA-based vaccines and therapies spanning several therapeutic areas, and we have multiple clinical trials already underway with other development candidates progressing toward the clinic. In addition, we have a number of discovery programs that are advancing toward the development stage.
We invite you to explore our site to learn more about our company and how we are advancing the promise of mRNA science to improve health and impact lives around the world.
Deliver on the promise of mRNA science to create a new generation of transformative medicines for patients.
Moderna is committed to equal employment opportunity and non-discrimination for all employees and qualified applicants without regard to a person's race, color, gender, age, religion, national origin, ancestry, disability, veteran status, genetic information, sexual orientation or any characteristic protected under applicable law. Moderna will make reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with known disabilities, in accordance with applicable law.