QC Associate II - CBG
City of Hope, an innovative biomedical research, treatment and educational institution with over 5,000 employees, is dedicated to the prevention and cure of cancer and other life-threatening diseases and guided by a compassionate, patient-centered philosophy.
Founded in 1913 and headquartered in Duarte, California, City of Hope is a remarkable non-profit institution, where compassion and advanced care go hand-in-hand with excellence in clinical and scientific research. City of Hope is a National Cancer Institute designated Comprehensive Cancer Center and a founding member of the National Comprehensive Cancer Network, an alliance of the nation's 20 leading cancer centers that develops and institutes standards of care for cancer treatment.
Requisition ID: 11164
Job Title: Quality Control Associate II - CBG
Position Summary and Key Responsibilities:
Responsible for assisting the Quality Control Manager in achieving compliance with all Federal and State accrediting agency requirements in the testing of biopharmaceutical and genetic products manufactured in the Center for Biomedicine and Genetics (CBG). Performs quality control assays, release tests and assay development tasks. Provides qualification and validation support for manufacturing processes and quality assurance procedures that are essential to the cGMP production of biomedical products, including appropriate and accurate documentation.
- Performs release testing on manufactured products following established SOP.Develop and adapt new procedures for testing when necessary.Complete all documents associated with the testing in compliance to cGMP.
- Assists in creating, reviewing and revising Standard Operating Procedures as necessary.
- Assists in internal inspections and audits to ensure compliance with Federal Drug Administration (FDA) regulations and City of Hope and CBG procedure requirements.
- Participate in general laboratory activities as assigned by supervisor.
- Complete and maintain all training required to perform assigned tasks.
- Cooperates with other performance improvement and compliance activities within the department and in the institution.
- Maintains current knowledge of analytical techniques and industry practices.
- Possess and demonstrate integrity and honesty in maintaining confidentiality.Follows established City of Hope and departmental policies, procedures, objectives, performance improvement, attendance, safety, environmental, and infection control guidelines.
- Performs other related duties as requested by supervisor.
May require a flexible work schedule
Minimum Education and Skills Required for Consideration:
- Bachelor of Science or Bachelor of Arts with coursework in biology and chemistry required. Master's Degree relevent coursework preferred.
- Minimum2 years post-Bachelor's degree work experience in a laboratory, or minimum 1 year post-Master's degree work experience in a laboratory.
- Basic Biology (Molecular and Cellular), Chemistry (Inorganic, Organic and Biochemistry).
- Modern molecular biology, protein chemistry, biostatistics, biosafety training, chemical safety training, cGMP principles and practices.
- Foster and promote a positive image and professional appearance; Organized and efficient; Demonstrate proficiency in basic laboratory skills; Excellent writing and computer skills; Able to correctly use technical terms and abbreviations.
- Experience working in a cGMP manufacturing environment desirable.
?Two positions available
City of Hope is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, status as a protected veteran, or status as a qualified individual with disability.