Sr. Administrative Support
Job Title: Sr.Administrative Support - Systems Biology
About City of Hope
City of Hope, an innovative biomedical research, treatment and educational institution with over 4,000 employees, is dedicated to the prevention and cure of cancer and other life-threatening diseases and guided by a compassionate, patient-centered philosophy.
Founded in 1913 and headquartered in Duarte, California, City of Hope is a remarkable non-profit institution, where compassion and advanced care go hand-in-hand with excellence in clinical and scientific research. City of Hope is a National Cancer Institute designated Comprehensive Cancer Center and a founding member of the National Comprehensive Cancer Network, an alliance of the nationâ€™s 20 leading cancer centers that develops and institutes standards of care for cancer treatment.
Position Summary and Key Responsibilities:
With significant independence, provides senior administrative support that requires no instructions on routine work, and general instructions on new assignments. Resolves routine complex inquiries utilizing knowledge of policies and procedures. Applies advanced skills to the position. Compiles and analyzes basic information for inclusion in reports or presentation materials; prepares charts, graphs or tables as necessary. Routine work may be scanned by others upon completion. Prioritizes projects for completion with only limited supervision, typically receiving only general instructions. Applies applicable policies, procedures, and practices to resolve a variety of new and routine issues. Relies on experience and judgment with the flexibility to create solutions.
- Types, using word processing equipment.
- Compiles information and prepares reports and records.
- Makes appointments and travel arrangements.
- Screens visitors and telephone calls.
- Reads and routes incoming mail.
- Files correspondence and records.
- May attend staff meetings and record minutes.
- May compose and route routine correspondence.
- Prepares confidential and special reports including periodic statistical reports.
- May train and direct clerical staff.
Makes decisions on minor administrative matters and completes clerical details as needed.
Follows established City of Hope and department policies, procedures, objectives, performance improvement, attendance, safety, environmental, and infection control guidelines, including adherence to the workplace Code of Conduct and Compliance Plan. Practices a high level of integrity and honesty in maintaining confidentiality.
Performs other related duties as assigned or requested.
Minimum Education and Skills Required for Consideration:
- High school diploma or GED, some vocational/specialized training.
- Experience may substitute for minimum education requirements
- 3-5 years responsible secretarial or clerical experience in a professional environment.
City of Hope is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, status as a protected veteran, or status as a qualified individual with disability.