Merck & Co., Inc. Kenilworth, N.J., U.S.A. known as Merck in the United States and Canada, is a global health care leader with a diversified portfolio of prescription medicines, vaccines and animal health products. The difference between potential and achievement lies in the spark that fuels innovation and inventiveness; this is the space where Merck has codified its legacy for over a century. Merck’s success is backed by ethical integrity, forward momentum, and an inspiring mission to achieve new milestones in global healthcare.
Merck is on a quest for cures and is committed to being the world’s premier, most research-intensive biopharmaceutical company. Today, we’re doubling down on this goal. Merck Research Laboratories is a true scientific research facility of tomorrow, and will take Merck’s leading discovery capabilities and world-class small molecule and biologics R&D expertise to create breakthrough science that radically changes the way we approach serious diseases.
Merck is currently seeking a motivated bioanalytical scientist for a position within the Pharmacokinetics, Pharmacodynamics and Drug Metabolism (PPDM) Department located at our Boston site.
As a PPDM Bioanalytics Scientist, you will work with a collaborative and cross-functional team of scientists from both PPDM and Discovery Research. Responsibilities will involve planning and executing analysis of protein therapeutics including PK, biomarkers, and anti-drug antibodies (ADAs) in preclinical studies. This role provides a unique opportunity for developing innovative bioanalytical approaches in support of Merck's pipeline dedicated to developing novel therapeutic agents.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Executing assays and testing samples for pharmacokinetic (PK), pharmacodynamics (PD), and anti-drug antibody (ADA), using a variety of preclinical models and challenging matrices e.g. plasma, serum, CSF, and ISF.
- Articulating and communicating key bioanalytical concepts e.g. minimum required dilution, dilutional linearity, specificity, selectivity etc.
- To accomplish the above, the successful candidate must have excellent interpersonal, collaborative, and communication skills in order to contribute across our multidisciplinary team environment.
- MS degree in Biology, Microbiology, Biochemistry, Pharmaceutical Sciences, or related area, or BS degree with 3+ years of relevant experience.
- Experience in executing routine immunoassay experiments, data interpretation and corresponding technologies including immunoassay platforms such as ELISA, MSD, Gyros is plus.
- Experience with data reduction software e.g SoftMaxPro.
- Ability to multi-task with accuracy and attention to detail.
- Skilled in use of core business software and communication tools such as Microsoft Office.
- Good written communication skills required for effective documentation of laboratory work (e.g. notebooking/ELN).
- Good problem solving, organizational, and communication skills, attention to detail, desire to learn, ability to gain competency utilizing bioanalytical software and internal databases.
- Must be deadline driven and have a good level of organizational and planning skills.
- The ideal candidate must exhibit good analytical skills, demonstrate the ability to work well in teams, and present ideas clearly and concisely.
Your role at Merck is integral to helping the world meet new breakthroughs that affect generations to come, and we’re counting on your skills and inventiveness to help make meaningful contributions to global medical advancement. At Merck, we’re inventing for life.
If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request to email@example.com.
Search Firm Representatives Please Read Carefully:
Merck & Co., Inc. is not accepting unsolicited assistance from search firms for this employment opportunity. Please, no phone calls or emails. All resumes submitted by search firms to any employee at Merck via email, the Internet or in any form and/or method without a valid written search agreement in place for this position will be deemed the sole property of Merck. No fee will be paid in the event the candidate is hired by Merck as a result of the referral or through other means.
For more information about personal rights under Equal Employment Opportunity, visit:
Job: Pharmacokinetics/Drug Metab
Employee Status: Regular
Travel: Yes, 10 % of the Time
Number of Openings:
Shift (if applicable):
Company Trade Name: Merck