Postdoctoral Researcher (BSC STARS programme - COFUND)
BSC launches the BSC STARS (SupercompuTing And Related applicationS) International Research Fellow programme which aims at fostering the training of highly skilled post-doc in all fields of High Performance Computing and related applications, specifically in Earth Science and Meteorology, in Life Sciences, Genomics and Personalised Medicine and in Computational Engineering and Physics and Computational Sciences. Participation in the BSC STARS programme will be a unique opportunity for young researchers to boost their careers and enhance their professional growth.
The initiative is part of COFUND call of the Marie Sklodowska Curie Actions within the Horizon 2020 Programme of the European Commission and will last for 5 years. During this period, the programme will award 20 outstanding post-doctorate researchers of all nationalities with 24-month INCOMING fellowships, providing them with all necessary tools for developing their potentials, deepening their skills and knowledge in a stimulating, international and interdisciplinary environment. They will also have the possibility to spend a period of 1-3 months of intersectorial secondments in private industry or non-academic research centers (such as Lenovo, CISCO, AstraZeneca, IBERDROLA, EU JRC, AEMET, IRB and CRG) in order to boost their career perspectives as successful independent researchers.
The COFUND call of the Marie Sklodowska Curie Actions (MSCA) is a co-financing mechanism that aims to stimulate regional, national or international programs to promote excellence in the training of researchers, their mobility and the development of their professional career.
- Coordinator of the action: Barcelona Supercomputing Center (BSC).
- Areas of research: HPC and related applications, specifically in Earth Science and Meteorology, in Life Sciences, Genomics and Personalised Medicine and in Computational Engineering and Physics and Computational Social Sciences.
- Candidates: postdoctoral researchers.
- Offer: 24-months incoming fellowships.
- Salary range: Annual living and mobility allowances (35.000€ gross salary) + Annual Family allowance Researchers (1.500€ gross salary) + Annual budget for Travels and Research & Training activities (5.400€)
More info and applications at: https://www.bsc.es/join-us/excellence-career-opportunities/stars