(Contract) Systems Engineer II, Digital Quality Systems
Reporting to the Sr. Engineer, Digital Quality Systems, the Systems Engineer II, Digital Quality Systems will serve a key role supporting the delivery and administration of the LIMS (LabVantage Laboratory Information Management system) as well as the optimization of quality processes and other supporting platforms. The individual will assist in configuration/customization of the system, participate maintaining necessary procedures, and provide system training to users. This position will start in Cambridge, MA and transition to Norwood, MA.
Here's What You'll Do:
- Partner with cross functional resources to support the delivery of LIMS (LabVantage) and related system initiatives to streamline quality operations
- Supports the continual improvement of LIMS and related systems
- Develops Lab Execution System (LES) methods to enable electronic lab workflow in LIMS.
- Participates in validation activities in conjunction with IT, Validation and QA related to implementation and on-going support
- Configures/customizes LIMS to support change requests
- Conducts user-training sessions for staff members
- Performs entry and edit of all relevant master data
- Assists in evaluation or product enhancements and capabilities, implementing upgrades as required
- Support initial and routine upgrade system risk assessment and testing activities
Here's What You'll Bring to the Table:
- BS in a relevant IT or scientific discipline with a minimum 3-5 years of experience utilizing LIMS and a minimum of 1-3 years of LIMS administrator experience
- Familiarity with lab workflow, instrumentation and technology (UPLC/HPLC, GC, and/or UV)
- Working understanding of cGMP and laboratory operations and practices
- Strong communication skills (verbal and written).
- Demonstrated ability to work independently and collaboratively on cross-functional teams
- Strong organizational and/or project management skills
- Experience with LabVantage LIMS and/or LES systems preferred
Why join Moderna Therapeutics
We are pioneering a new class of medicines made of messenger RNA, or mRNA. The potential implications of using mRNA as a drug are significant and far-reaching. It could transform not only how certain diseases are treated but also how medicines are discovered, developed and manufactured - at a breadth, scale and speed not common in the biopharma industry.
Since our founding in 2011, we have built the industry's leading mRNA technology platform, the infrastructure to accelerate drug discovery and speed early development, a rapidly expanding pipeline, and an unparalleled team. Our development pipeline includes development candidates for mRNA-based vaccines and therapies spanning several therapeutic areas, and we have multiple clinical trials already underway with other development candidates progressing toward the clinic. In addition, we have a number of discovery programs that are advancing toward the development stage.
We invite you to explore our site to learn more about our company and how we are advancing the promise of mRNA science to improve health and impact lives around the world.
Deliver on the promise of mRNA science to create a new generation of transformative medicines for patients.
Moderna is committed to equal employment opportunity and non-discrimination for all employees and qualified applicants without regard to a person's race, color, gender, age, religion, national origin, ancestry, disability, veteran status, genetic information, sexual orientation or any characteristic protected under applicable law. Moderna will make reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with known disabilities, in accordance with applicable law.