Associate I, Quality Control, Chemistry
Moderna is seeking a Quality Control Chemistry Associate I for a position based at their Cambridge, MA site initially with a planned move to Norwood, MA in the May/June timeframe. The individual in this role will perform routine testing of raw materials and samples for mRNA products (in process, release and stability) manufactured at the Moderna facility. Also, this individual may support special projects as assigned. He/she will participate in troubleshooting assays and equipment and may support investigations for OOS and other non-conforming results.
Here's What You'll Do:
- Performs routine raw material and analytical chemistry testing including HPLC, UPLC, UV, CE
- Supports assay transfers and special projects as assigned.
- Completes and maintains cGMP testing documentation for work performed.
- Participates in authoring quality systems records such as deviations, change controls, CAPAs
- Troubleshoots assays and equipment.
- Supports investigations for OOS and other non-conforming results; may assist with investigations related to CMO/contract laboratory activities
- Performs data analysis and calculations
- Performs general laboratory support activities including reagent preparation, sample management, equipment maintenance, lab housekeeping etc.
- Write/revise SOPs, protocols and reports
Here's What You'll Bring to the Table:
- Minimum education required: Bachelor's degree in a relevant scientific discipline
- Minimum experience required: 1+ years in a laboratory setting with focus in analytical chemistry
- Minimum knowledge required: cGMPs, HPLC, Wet Chemistry
- Minimum skills required: compendia chemistry test methods (e.g. conductivity, TOC), HPLC, UV, technical writing
- Strong written and oral communication skills as well as organizational skills
- Preferred Experience: LIMS, Chromeleon, Thermo UHPLC Instrumentation
- Knowledge of industry standards and guidelines, including USP/EP compendia testing requirements
Here's What We'll Bring to the Table:
- Daily on-site catered lunches.
- Company-provided iPhone.
- Free parking, monthly subway pass or a subsidized commuter rail pass.
- Highly competitive healthcare coverage. Including: medical offered through BCBS (HMO/PPO), dental, and vision offered through VSP.
- Flexible Spending Accounts for medical expenses and dependent care expenses.
- 401k (traditional and Roth offered) with 50% match on first 6% deferred. Match is vested immediately.
- A suite of Moderna paid insurance coverage, including: life insurance, short-term and long-term disability
- Voluntary legal assistance plan
- 15 days' vacation and 7 sick days per year, in addition to a discretionary winter shut down and 11 company paid holidays.
- Adoption assistance, competitive parental leave, discount to local childcare centers, as well as access to Care.com
Why join Moderna Therapeutics
We are pioneering a new class of medicines made of messenger RNA, or mRNA. The potential implications of using mRNA as a drug are significant and far-reaching. It could transform not only how certain diseases are treated but also how medicines are discovered, developed and manufactured - at a breadth, scale and speed not common in the biopharma industry.
Since our founding in 2011, we have built the industry's leading mRNA technology platform, the infrastructure to accelerate drug discovery and speed early development, a rapidly expanding pipeline, and an unparalleled team. Our development pipeline includes development candidates for mRNA-based vaccines and therapies spanning several therapeutic areas, and we have multiple clinical trials already underway with other development candidates progressing toward the clinic. In addition, we have a number of discovery programs that are advancing toward the development stage.
We invite you to explore our site to learn more about our company and how we are advancing the promise of mRNA science to improve health and impact lives around the world.
Deliver on the promise of mRNA science to create a new generation of transformative medicines for patients.
Moderna is committed to equal employment opportunity and non-discrimination for all employees and qualified applicants without regard to a person's race, color, gender, age, religion, national origin, ancestry, disability, veteran status, genetic information, sexual orientation or any characteristic protected under applicable law. Moderna will make reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with known disabilities, in accordance with applicable law.