Associate Director, Oncology Launch Leader & Business Consultant
Merck & Co., Inc. Kenilworth, N.J., U.S.A. known as Merck in the United States and Canada, is a global health care leader with a diversified portfolio of prescription medicines, vaccines and animal health products. The difference between potential and achievement lies in the spark that fuels innovation and inventiveness; this is the space where Merck has codified its legacy for over a century. Merck’s success is backed by ethical integrity, forward momentum, and an inspiring mission to achieve new milestones in global healthcare.
Merck’s Global Human Health (GHH) Division abides by a “patient first, profits later” ideology. Results-driven and ambitious, this team of individuals represents a functional balance between meeting company objectives and the needs of people around the world. The organization is comprised of sales and marketing professionals who are passionate about their role in bringing Merck's prescription medicines, vaccines, and other medical products to our customers worldwide.
The Launch Leader & Business Consultant is a member of the Oncology Marketing Services Team. This role is critical to the successful planning and execution of global launches across the Oncology business line, including new products, new tumor types and new indications.
The Launch Leader & Business Consultant collaborates with stakeholders across all divisions (Marketing, R&D, Manufacturing and Corporate) to organize and integrate key activities throughout the launch planning process. This role will develop prioritized, aligned and fully integrated Global and US Market launch plans for new Oncology products and KEYTRUDA® indications. Routine, active engagement with Senior Leadership is required to communicate opportunities for increased efficiency and/or effectiveness, leverage drivers of launch success and assess organizational launch readiness.
Core responsibilities include and are not limited to the following:
- Development of integrated Global and US Launch Plans, inclusive of all key work streams supporting launch.
- Partnering with business stakeholders to align and integrate work across functions, and accelerate work on the critical path.
- Assesses organization launch readiness by monitoring the status of the integrated Global and US launch plans via iLaunch.
- Plans and executes Launch Excellence & iLaunch workshops with regions and markets.
- Plans and facilitates Launch Readiness Reviews, scenario planning, risk mitigation activities and post-launch lessons learned.
- Provides relevant insights and shares best practices from across and outside the organization.
- Identifies opportunities to integrate Marketing Excellence principles and utilization of Merck Customer and Brand Marketing tools into launch planning
- Required: BA/BS
- Preferred: MBA/MS
Required Experience and Skills:
- Minimum of (3) years of Marketing, Marketing/Sales Operations and/or Business Consulting experience.
- Minimum of (5) years of Pharmaceutical and/or Biologics experience.
- Demonstrated New Product launch experience.
- Demonstrated Project Management experience / skills.
- Comprehensive knowledge of Sales & Marketing processes
Preferred Experience and Skills:
- Oncology therapeutic and business model knowledge.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
- Demonstrated meeting and training facilitation skills.
- Functional understanding of R&D and Manufacturing processes.
- Demonstrated leadership skills:
- Ability to influence, gain commitment, drive decision-making and achieve positive results at all levels of the organization.
- Foster Collaboration with a diverse, cross-functional audience of stakeholders across all divisions and in markets.
- Consistently Acts with Courage and Candor.
- Focus on Customers and Patients.
- Extensive knowledge in a majority of the following: business process mapping & design; continuous process improvement; strategy development; ability to manage large, complex projects; problem solving; negotiation.
- Ability to manage ambiguity and to adapt to the changing needs of our customers and the business.
Your role at Merck is integral to helping the world meet new breakthroughs that affect generations to come, and we’re counting on your skills and inventiveness to help make meaningful contributions to global medical advancement. At Merck, we’re inventing for life.
If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Search Firm Representatives Please Read Carefully:
Merck & Co., Inc. is not accepting unsolicited assistance from search firms for this employment opportunity. Please, no phone calls or emails. All resumes submitted by search firms to any employee at Merck via email, the Internet or in any form and/or method without a valid written search agreement in place for this position will be deemed the sole property of Merck. No fee will be paid in the event the candidate is hired by Merck as a result of the referral or through other means.
Visa sponsorship is not available for this position.
For more information about personal rights under Equal Employment Opportunity, visit:
Job: Business Consulting
Employee Status: Regular
Travel: Yes, 15 % of the Time
Number of Openings:
Shift (if applicable):
Company Trade Name: Merck