At the Ribas Lab and the Parker Institute for Cancer Immunotherapy Center at UCLA Health you can discover and innovate. As a Bioinformatics Analyst, you will develop statistical and research methods to perform statistical analysis. Working directly under the Associate Director of Bioinformatics, you will analyze large data sets.
The ideal candidate is a highly skilled and motivated applied mathematician/statistician with computational skills in the study of immunotherapy. We need a highly collaborative researcher who can perform data exploration with clinicians and experimentalists, while also generating data using available bioinformatics tools.
● Masters degree or equivalent in a big data computational field with a preference for applied math, computational statistics, and the physical science
● Knowledge of research design and sampling theory
● Skill in statistical programming and data mining
● Ability to conceptualize desired table and graphs and create them from raw data.
● Capable of tracking and documenting notable events for each research study as they might pertain to study outcomes
● Thorough knowledge with statistics
● Extensive experience with the R statistical programming language
● Able to write manuscripts for scientific peer-review journals.
● Skill in planning, organizing, and writing presentations for professional audiences.
● Experience with Unix scripting and pipeline building preferred.
● Domain knowledge in cancer, genomics, and immunology research is a plus but training in these areas will be provided
More searches like this
- Life Sciences Full Time Healthcare/Hospital jobs in Los Angeles
- Bioinformatics Full Time Healthcare/Hospital jobs in Los Angeles
- Health Sciences Full Time Healthcare/Hospital jobs in Los Angeles
- Clinical Research Full Time Healthcare/Hospital jobs in Los Angeles
- Medicine Full Time Healthcare/Hospital jobs in Los Angeles