Postdoc Scientist, Process Research (2 years)
Roche is a leading healthcare company with a uniquely broad spectrum of innovative solutions. For more than 100 years, we have been active in the discovery, development, manufacture and marketing of novel healthcare solutions.
Our products and services address prevention, diagnosis and treatment of diseases, thus enhancing well-being and quality of life. Within Roche Pharmaceuticals, Preclinical CMC (pCMC) is supporting the drug candidate selection process and enables the transition of drug candidates from Research to Technical Development.
We are seeking a highly motivated postdoctoral scientist for researching synthetic methods to efficiently access stereo-defined locked nucleic acids (LNAs) as potential drug substance candidates.
Your responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Independently conduct literature search and lab experiments in order to evaluate the current state of the art methods and technologies to efficiently synthesize the targeted LNAs;
- Closely partner with multidisciplinary functions such as the discovery RNAi units and pCMC departments;
- Being creative and innovative by conceptualizing new ideas and by translating them into hands-on laboratory work.
The position is located in Basel, Switzerland, and is initially limited to two years.
Who you are
You’re someone who wants to influence your own development. You’re looking for a company where you have the opportunity to pursue your interests across functions and geographies. Where a job title is not considered the final definition of who you are, but the starting point.
You are flexible, proactive, creative and detail-oriented, and have top teamwork competency but can also work highly independently. In addition you have:
Please submit your application including a CV with a list of publications, 2 references and a cover letter.
Application deadline is March 04th, 2018.
- A Ph.D degree in synthetic organic chemistry combined with an excellent knowledge of current, state of the art methods and techniques in organic synthesis;
- A proven track record of high impact journal publications;
- Ability to conceptualize, promote and deliver on innovative scientific ideas;
- Sound team-building skills to align and coordinate research with scientists from multi-disciplinary functions and senior managers;
- Demonstrated problem solving skills in experimental design, data analysis and interpretation;
- Exceptional organizational, interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills in English;
- Agility for working in a dynamic, multi-site, and cross-disciplinary environment.
Who we are
Basel is the headquarters of the Roche Group and one of its most important centres of pharmaceutical research. Over 8,500 people from approximately 90 countries work in Basel, which is one of Roche`s largest sites.
Roche is an equal opportunity employer.
HR contact: Luanda De Sa Pereira; Phone: +41616878884