Roche Postdoctoral Fellowship, Immunology of Chronic Infections (2 years)
The Roche Postdoctoral Fellowship (RPF) program is aimed at supporting excellent young scientists focusing on collaborative R&D projects between Roche and international academic institutions. Both internal Roche and academic experts will mentor you, and you will have the potential to perform hands on research in both lab environments.
As postdoctoral fellow located in Basel, Switzerland, you will be driving a project in the discovery and translational area (DTA) Immunology, Inflammation and Infectious Diseases (I3). The aim of this project is to establish a comprehensive immune signature of HBV-related immune exhaustion, at the phenotypical, transcriptional, and functional levels. The study will be conducted on blood and liver samples from patients with chronic hepatitis B. Your responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Development and standardization of functional assays in human primary immune cells (phenotyping, proliferation, cytokine secretion, etc.);
- Learn and master the technology of mass cytometry (CyTOF) from internal experts;
- Collaborate closely with colleagues inside and outside the DTA as subject matter expert;
- Planning, performing, and interpreting experiments independently to drive the project efficiently;
- Writing of procedures, reports, and other documents;
- Presenting experimental design and results internally and externally.
This position is sponsored by the Roche Postdoctoral Fellowship Program and is initially limited to two years.
Who you are
You’re someone who wants to influence your own development. You’re looking for a company where you have the opportunity to pursue your interests across functions and geographies. Where a job title is not considered the final definition of who you are, but the starting point.
You are flexible, proactive, creative and detail-oriented, and have top teamwork competency but can also work highly independently. In addition you have:
Please submit your application including a CV with a list of publications, 2 references and a Cover Letter.
Application deadline is February 25th, 2018.
- Recent PhD in Immunology (max 4 years after completing PhD) or another related field with a strong background in immunology and expertise in T and/or B cell biology;
- Extensive hands-on experience in multicolor flow cytometry required, cell sorting would be a plus;In-depth understanding and hands-on experience with standard immunology assays and primary cell co-culture assays;
- Innovative spirit with high degree of scientific engagement and desire to explore novel scientific and/or technical areas;
- Ability to work in a high-pace and dynamic scientific environment demonstrating excellent organization and analytical skills and a proven ability to present and publish research data;
- Ability to build good working relations and excellent inter-personal and communication skills with proficiency in spoken and written English.
Who we are
Basel is the headquarters of the Roche Group and one of its most important centres of pharmaceutical research. Over 8,500 people from approximately 90 countries work in Basel, which is one of Roche`s largest sites.
Roche is an equal opportunity employer.
HR contact: Luanda De Sa Pereira; Phone: +41616878884