EMBL Australia Group Leader
EMBL Australia Partner Laboratory Group Leaders in
Bioengineering, Synthetic Biology & Computational Biology
Applications are invited from future research leaders in Bioengineering, Synthetic Biology and Computational Biology wishing to accelerate their independent scientific careers. The EMBL Australia Group Leader positions are hosted within the Single Molecule Science Node at the University of New South Wales (UNSW), Sydney, Australia.
Our overarching goal is to integrate the perspectives of ‘bottom up’ single molecule biophysics/structural biology with ‘top down’ cell biology/physiology to elucidate the molecular mechanisms of fundamental biological and medical problems.
Benefits of the positions:
- Dedicated full-time research position and competitive salary package as an independent group leader
- Funding for up to 9 years: initial contract and core research funding for 5 years, renewable upon review for a further 4 years
- Join a critical mass of outstanding researchers within a collaborative and multidisciplinary scientific environment, including mentoring from senior researchers
- State-of-the-art facilities including advanced fluorescence and electron microscopy, nanofabrication, genomics, proteomics and high performance computing
- Access to EMBL Australia facilities, collaborative programs and development activities (e.g. scientific retreats, reviews and student programs) We embrace equity, diversity and inclusion, and support young families
- We embrace equity, diversity and inclusion, and support young families
The EMBL Australia Partner Laboratory Network
Australia is the first Associate Member of the European Molecular Biology Laboratory (EMBL). EMBL is an international research organisation that fosters excellence by providing a highly collaborative environment that benefits the research of all its scientists. A key initiative of the associate membership is the EMBL Australia Partner Laboratory Network, a partnership of Australian research institutions, which provide long-term funded research-only positions allowing early to mid-career researchers to pursue ambitious research programs. The EMBL Australia Node in Single Molecule Science at UNSW Sydney was established in 2015. For more information about EMBL Australia visit www.EMBLAustralia.org.
The EMBL Australia Node in Single Molecule Science at UNSW
UNSW is currently implementing an ambitious ten-year strategy to 2025, which involves the recruitment of future leaders in multidisciplinary research, notably via EMBL Australia Group Leaders and Scientia Fellowships. The EMBL Australia Node in Single Molecule Science houses cutting-edge research infrastructure in super-resolution and single molecule fluorescence microscopy, protein science and cell and molecular biology. For more information visit sms.unsw.edu.au.
To apply, send a cover letter, full CV, contact details of 3 referees and a summary of your current and future research interests (max 4 pages) to recruitment@EMBLAustralia.org.
Applications will be accepted until 5pm 5 April 2018 AEST
More details at sms.unsw.edu.au/group-leader-positions