Sr./Research Associate, Immunology
Moderna is seeking a highly skilled and motivated immunologist ready to function in a fast-paced and collaborative environment for a position based at their Cambridge, MA site. Reporting to the Director, Immunology, the applicant will help to develop the in vitro immunology data package to support advancement of Moderna's mRNA technology platform. The individual in this role will investigate molecular and cellular mechanisms in the immune response and will also be responsible of the lab maintenance.
Here's What You'll Do:
- Development and performance of in vitro/ex vivo assays (Flow cytometry, ELISA, ELIspot, and related)
- Standard cell culture support including maintaining and plating of cell lines and primary cells
- General laboratory assistance including lab equipment maintenance and the ordering and receiving of lab supplies
- Accountable for project success and results delivery
- Closely collaborate with other members within the group
- Record and communicate findings
Here's What You'll Bring to the Table:
- BS/BA with 0-2 years of experience or BS/BA with 2-5 years of experience or MS with 0-2 years of experience with industry experience performing in vitro screening performing in vitro/ ex vivo immunology experiments
- Required high experience in immunology including Flow cytometry, ELISA, ELIspot, luminescent and fluorescent based assay development
- Hands on experience with cell culture (cell lines and primary cell culture)
- Excellent skills and ability to work efficiently and productively and a highly dynamic environment
Here's What We'll Bring to the Table:
- Daily on-site catered lunches.
- Company-provided iPhone.
- Free parking, monthly subway pass or a subsidized commuter rail pass.
- Highly competitive healthcare coverage. Including: medical offered through BCBS (HMO/PPO), dental, and vision offered through VSP.
- Flexible Spending Accounts for medical expenses and dependent care expenses.
- 401k (traditional and Roth offered) with 50% match on first 6% deferred. Match is vested immediately.
- A suite of Moderna paid insurance coverage, including: life insurance, short-term and long-term disability
- Voluntary legal assistance plan
- 15 days' vacation and 7 sick days per year, in addition to a discretionary winter shut down and 11 company paid holidays.
- Adoption assistance, competitive parental leave, discount to local childcare centers, as well as access to Care.com
Why join Moderna Therapeutics
We are pioneering a new class of medicines made of messenger RNA, or mRNA. The potential implications of using mRNA as a drug are significant and far-reaching. It could transform not only how certain diseases are treated but also how medicines are discovered, developed and manufactured - at a breadth, scale and speed not common in the biopharma industry.
Since our founding in 2011, we have built the industry's leading mRNA technology platform, the infrastructure to accelerate drug discovery and speed early development, a rapidly expanding pipeline, and an unparalleled team. Our development pipeline includes development candidates for mRNA-based vaccines and therapies spanning several therapeutic areas, and we have multiple clinical trials already underway with other development candidates progressing toward the clinic. In addition, we have a number of discovery programs that are advancing toward the development stage.
We invite you to explore our site to learn more about our company and how we are advancing the promise of mRNA science to improve health and impact lives around the world.
Deliver on the promise of mRNA science to create a new generation of transformative medicines for patients.
Moderna is committed to equal employment opportunity and non-discrimination for all employees and qualified applicants without regard to a person's race, color, gender, age, religion, national origin, ancestry, disability, veteran status, genetic information, sexual orientation or any characteristic protected under applicable law. Moderna will make reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with known disabilities, in accordance with applicable law.