Manager Technical Operations
BioMotiv, and the BioMotiv group of companies, is the mission-driven development company associated with The Harrington Project for Discovery & Development (THP), a national initiative centered at University Hospitals Cleveland Medical Center. BioMotiv addresses the “valley of death” between research, discovery, and early clinical-stage drug development. Projects are advanced by a BioMotiv management team through clinical proof-of-concept and then out-licensed to pharmaceutical companies for further development. BioMotiv maintains two offices, one in Cleveland, Ohio and the other in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania.
The principal role of the MTO is to direct project operations at one or more BioMotiv subsidiary companies, each of which is dedicated to the development of a novel therapeutic product. The MTO is responsible for execution of the project development plan, designed in collaboration with the Project Leader, and operational oversight for subsidiary companies. In addition to subsidiary responsibilities, the MTO contributes to or leads the evaluation of new opportunities for BioMotiv, and manages the overall diligence and in-licensing process for potential new assets.
Successful candidates will excel in a collaborative, entrepreneurial environment, be capable of independently driving projects to support ambitious and aggressive team goals, and have the ability to manage multiple projects concurrently. The position requires a highly-motivated and experienced scientist with excellent leadership and management skills.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities
Project Operations at Subsidiary Companies (50%)
- Plan and direct R&D, financial, and business operations; manage operations within technical and budget constraints; and oversee day-to-day operations.
- Partner with the Project Leader to develop the technical strategy and work with internal stakeholders to help develop and execute subsidiary business strategy
- Ensure execution of the subsidiary’s development plan and business plan. These activities include, but are not limited to:
- Directing internal and external R&D activities to ensure execution of the drug development plan
- Spending and budget management
- IP portfolio management
- Direct reporting to the BioMotiv executive team on the subsidiary company’s progress
New Asset Evaluation (50%)
- Contribute to, or lead, the technical and commercial diligence of new opportunities
- Interface with technical, business, and legal functions within BioMotiv to manage execution of the diligence and in-licensing process
- Collaborate with various functions within the company to maintain efficiency in the diligence and in-licensing process and ensure new asset is aligned with BioMotiv business model
- PhD + postdoctoral experience with 5+ years pharmaceutical/biotech industry experience
- Subject matter expertise in chemical, biological or pharmaceutical science fields, and demonstrated ability to learn new areas of science quickly
- Experience managing projects with distributed team of stakeholders; direct experience working with CROs a plus
- Ability to work within a fast-paced, collaborative environment
What We Offer
BioMotiv fosters a collaborative and driven culture of excellence and innovation. We have a growing team of top-tier, drug developers who are highly motivated by the daily challenge of accelerating breakthrough discoveries into medicines. BioMotiv offers a competitive benefits package including:
- Company sponsored medical, dental and vision benefits
- Health reimbursement program
- Company paid Life Insurance, LTD and AD&D
- 401(k) with a Company contribution of 6%
- Paid time off
- Paid Medical Leave
- Wellness Program and LifeTime Fitness Sponsorship
Please submit applications to firstname.lastname@example.org with “TO-1001 MTO Position” in the subject line. Please, no third-party recruiters.
BioMotiv, and the BioMotiv group of Companies, (The Company) is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, gender (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, marital status, amnesty or status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws. The Company complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment.