Your role is to discover from state-of-the-art experimental data the canonical algorithms implemented in animal brains that generalize across animal species, brain areas and levels of abstractions and enable mobile robotic applications under data, space, and power constraints.
- Tenure-track assistant professors in experimental neuroscience, computational neuroscience, cognitive neuroscience, physics, mathematics, robotics or a related discipline. Exceptional postdocs may be considered.
- One or more publications in Nature, Science, Cell, Neuron, Nature Neuroscience, Elife or other high-impact journals.
- One or more years of state-of-the-art research experiences in at least two of the following areas (cortex, thalamus, basal ganglia, amygdala, hippocampus, superior colliculus, hippocampus, cerebellum, brainstem, spines, dendrites, etc.) for single or multiple animal species (c.elegans, insects, rodents, primates, etc.).
- One or more years of proven experiences in experimental techniques such as behavior, viral/transgenic approaches, two-photon imaging, electrophysiology, for in vivo interrogation of neural circuits or dendrites.
- Capable of working independently and overcoming challenges without supervision while being a team player.
- Master of strong inference methodology.
Desired skills and experience
- One or more experiences with interdisciplinary research at the intersection of neuroscience, deep learning, and robotics.
- Comfortable with both a logic analyzer and a wrench.
- Exceptional ability and track record of developing original and unconventional ideas/theories/models/inventions based on rethinking/reinventing the first principles of single or multiple fields.
Desired personal qualities
- First-principles-based thinking
- Extraordinary composure and integrity in face of dire condition
- Ruthless rationality and candor in the pursuit of knowledge
- Profound empathy and charitableness in the matter of people
- Resilience and fearlessness working outside your comfort zone
- Described by others as the most radical yet humblest researcher, engineer, or thinker they know
- Intellectual breadth
- Sense of humor
More searches like this
- Life Sciences Full Time All Industry jobs in North America
- Biophysics Full Time All Industry jobs in North America
- Neuroscience Full Time All Industry jobs in North America
- Physical Sciences Full Time All Industry jobs in North America
- Astronomy/Astrophysics Full Time All Industry jobs in North America