Postdoctoral Research Associate - Microbiology and Immunology
Postdoctoral Research Associate position in inflammation and innate immune responses to infection
The laboratory of Dr. Donna MacDuff in the Department of Microbiology and Immunology at the University of Illinois at Chicago seeks a talented and highly motivated post-doctoral researcher with a background in immunology, microbiology or molecular biology to study innate immune responses to infection.
The MacDuff laboratory investigates the cellular mechanisms and pathways that regulate inflammatory responses to pathogenic and commensal microbes in the gastro-intestinal tract. We utilize mouse and cell culture models of viral and bacterial infection, and a variety of immunological, microbiology and biochemical techniques to achieve these goals. Additional information about the laboratory and research program is available at: https://sites.google.com/uic.edu/macduff.
- A recent graduate with a PhD in Immunology, Microbiology or a related field
- A strong publication record
- Ability to design and conduct experiments independently
- Ability to work with others as a team
- Ability to write manuscripts and fellowship applications, and present their research at national meetings
- Excellent command of the English language
- Excellent organizational skills
- Experience with mouse models, gastrointestinal biology or immune signaling pathways
- Experience working with microorganisms such as bacteria and viruses
- Experience with molecular biology or biochemical techniques
Salary is competitive and commensurate with qualifications and experience. This full time position is available immediately, and will remain open until filled.
To apply for this position, please email a letter of application summarizing your scientific interests and experience, your CV and the names and contact information for three references, one of which should be your thesis advisor, to Dr. MacDuff (firstname.lastname@example.org).
The University of Illinois at Chicago is an Equal Opportunity, Affirmative Action employer. Minorities, women, veterans and individuals with disabilities are encouraged to apply. The University of Illinois may conduct background checks on all job candidates upon acceptance of a contingent offer. Background checks will be performed in compliance with the Fair Credit Reporting Act.