Associate Principle Scientist, Inform & Analytics
Merck & Co., Inc. Kenilworth, N.J., U.S.A. known as Merck in the United States and Canada, is a global health care leader with a diversified portfolio of prescription medicines, vaccines and animal health products. The difference between potential and achievement lies in the spark that fuels innovation and inventiveness; this is the space where Merck has codified its legacy for over a century. Merck’s success is backed by ethical integrity, forward momentum, and an inspiring mission to achieve new milestones in global healthcare.
Merck is on a quest for cures and is committed to being the world’s premier, most research-intensive biopharmaceutical company. Today, we’re doubling down on this goal. Merck Research Laboratories is a true scientific research facility of tomorrow, and will take Merck’s leading discovery capabilities and world-class small molecule and biologics R&D expertise to create breakthrough science that radically changes the way we approach serious diseases.
This Discovery Pharmacogenomics Associate Principal Scientist position will interface with the Vaccines and Infectious Disease therapeutic areas to conduct RNA and DNA next generation sequencing experiments for the purposes of biomarker, target, or mechanism of action discovery for Merck's drug programs. The position will perform experimental design, statistical analysis and pathway/network analysis with a strong focus on biological interpretation and application for drug development. The position will communicate the results back to the program teams and therapuetic area leadership, and produce both internal and peer-reviewed publications and presentations.Qualifications
- BS degree with 12+ years experience OR MS degree with 8+ years experience OR a PhD degree with 4+ years experience
- This is a non-wet lab position, so strong communication skills and a solid background in the design, analysis and interpretation of genome-scale expression profiling studies are a necessity.
- This includes experience with data analysis platforms such as MatLab, OmicSoft, or R.
- A background in Infectious Diseases (Antimicrobials, Antivirals, and/or Vaccines), Immunology or Oncology is preferable, as the new hire will be asked to interface with one or all of these Therapeutic areas on a frequent basis.
- Any experience in the design and analysis of experiments targeting the T-cell repertoire or microbiome would also be viewed favorably.
Your role at Merck is integral to helping the world meet new breakthroughs that affect generations to come, and we’re counting on your skills and inventiveness to help make meaningful contributions to global medical advancement. At Merck, we’re inventing for life.
If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Search Firm Representatives Please Read Carefully:
Merck & Co., Inc. is not accepting unsolicited assistance from search firms for this employment opportunity. Please, no phone calls or emails. All resumes submitted by search firms to any employee at Merck via email, the Internet or in any form and/or method without a valid written search agreement in place for this position will be deemed the sole property of Merck. No fee will be paid in the event the candidate is hired by Merck as a result of the referral or through other means.
For more information about personal rights under Equal Employment Opportunity, visit:
Job: Informatics & Analytics
Employee Status: Regular
Travel: Yes, 5 % of the Time
Number of Openings:
Shift (if applicable):
Company Trade Name: Merck