Assistant Professor of Biological Sciences
The Department of Biological Sciences at Marshall University (www.marshall.edu/biology) invites applications for a tenure track Assistant Professor of Plant Ecology position. The department will give preference to candidates with prior teaching experience in Ecology and strong quantitative skills. Applicants must have a Ph.D. or equivalent in Plant Ecology. Relevant postdoctoral experience is preferred. Demonstrated excellence in both teaching and research, as well as outstanding communication skills are desired. Experience with greenhouse management is a plus.
- Actively pursuing extramurally funded scientific research in an area of the candidate’s expertise.
- Mentoring undergraduate and graduate research students.
- Teaching BSC 320 Principles of Ecology, introductory biology, and upper-level/graduate offerings.
- Developing new course materials, including syllabi, lecture presentations and assessment tools.
- Contributing to the learning of undergraduate and graduate students, through class teaching, small group discussions and one-on-one sessions with individual students.
- Serving on departmental, college and/or university committees.
The department seeks candidates who will contribute to the University’s general education curriculum with its emphasis on a common First-Year Seminar and core curriculum courses that enhance students’ critical thinking, and to the College’s interdisciplinary programs of study.
The successful candidate must have a PhD or equivalent in Plant Ecology or a closely-related discipline, a record of: research publications, active pursuit of external research funding and excellent teaching and communication skills. .
Postdoctoral research, experience mentoring research students and demonstrated excellence in undergraduate teaching.
Special Instructions Summary:
All candidates selected for an on campus interview will be required to have their official transcripts (both undergraduate and graduate) forwarded directly from their degree granting institution(s) to the Search Committee Chair prior to arriving on campus.
To apply, please go to the job listing at https://marshall.peopleadmin.com/postings/MU0539F and click on Apply for this Job. Applications must include the following documents: a cover letter, curriculum vitae, names and contact information for three references, research and teaching statements, and representative reprints. All files must be uploaded to the website. Review of applications will be rolling and will continue until the position is filled. For questions or more information, please contact Dr. David S. Mallory, Chairman, Department of Biological Sciences. firstname.lastname@example.org