Director-Protein Technologies Center
Director-Protein Technologies Center
The World’s Brightest Minds Always Innovate
At St. Jude Children’s Research Hospital, we know what can be achieved when the brightest scientific minds face the fewest barriers and the greatest resources. That’s why we provide world-class facilities, state-of-the-art technologies, extraordinary support, and a collaborative, bench-to-bedside environment where you can see, firsthand, how your science translates into survival for the children we serve. Quite simply, at St. Jude, we encourage you to dream big, and we give you everything you need to be the force behind the cures.
Due to the major expansion of our Structural Biology Department, St. Jude has a critical need for an experienced leader with expertise in protein expression in all systems to oversee the St. Jude Protein Technologies Center (PTC). In this critical role, you’ll be responsible for overseeing three sub-centers: protein expression, protein production, and molecular interactions. This is a unique opportunity to build our new Protein Expression Center from the ground up, including the establishing operational and quality control procedures for a fully automated process.
- Management and recruitment of a multifunctional team.
- Maintaining the technical aspects of protein technology based services (protein expression, protein purification and molecular interactions).
- Operational oversight of protein sequence testing between sub-centers (protein expression, protein production, and molecular interactions)
- Collaborating with numerous researchers and serve as the primary liaison between faculty and PTC staff.
- Recommending equipment modification and evaluate quality and accuracy of instrumentation.
- Overseeing the development, evaluation and implementation of new testing procedures and related protocols.
- Encouraging and approving introduction and demonstration of new techniques, equipment and research findings.
- Ensuring the delivery of quality services in area of operations.
- Ensuring performance of all quality management procedures as required.
- Actively developing new methodologies for the PTC as needed and in alignment with institutional and strategic goals.
- Five (5) years of post-degree relevant and productive work experience is required
- Expertise in recombinant protein expression systems including mammalian, insect and bacterial is required
- Expertise in construct design and development as well as automated plasmid DNA isolation techniques is required
- Demonstrated progression in continuing education in the protein technology disciplines is preferred
When you work at St. Jude, you enjoy
Research that translates: Your work at St. Jude directly impacts patient care and advances discoveries that save children worldwide.
Stability and growth: Thanks to generous donors and completive grant support, our scientific progress is never halted and you’ll enjoy unmatched resources to do the science you’ve always dreamed of doing.
Award-winning environment: St Jude is consistently recognized by Fortune magazine as one of the "100 Best Companies to Work For."
Constant learning: From in-depth training to world-class seminars and symposia, you’ll be given constant opportunities to expand your knowledge, learn new skills and grow in your career.
- PhD degree in an appropriate scientific field required
Ready to join a team that is always innovating, because we believe anything is possible?
Apply now at: http://bit.ly/2BtmFvn
St. Jude Children’s Research Hospital is an Equal Opportunity Employer. St. Jude does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, sex, genetic information, age, religion, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, transgender status, veteran’s status or disabled veteran’s status with respect to employment opportunities. All qualified applicants will be considered for employment. St. Jude engages in affirmative action to increase employment opportunities for minorities, women, veterans and individuals with disabilities.