Merck & Co., Inc. Kenilworth, N.J., U.S.A. known as Merck in the United States and Canada, is a global health care leader with a diversified portfolio of prescription medicines, vaccines and animal health products. The difference between potential and achievement lies in the spark that fuels innovation and inventiveness; this is the space where Merck has codified its legacy for over a century. Merck’s success is backed by ethical integrity, forward momentum, and an inspiring mission to achieve new milestones in global healthcare.
Merck is on a quest for cures and is committed to being the world’s premier, most research-intensive biopharmaceutical company. Today, we’re doubling down on this goal. Merck Research Laboratories is a true scientific research facility of tomorrow, and will take Merck’s leading discovery capabilities and world-class small molecule and biologics R&D expertise to create breakthrough science that radically changes the way we approach serious diseases.
Majorresponsibilities for this position are as follows:
- Primaryresponsibility is to provide statistical support to non-clinical andpre-clinical scientists. Supportincludes, study design, analysis of data, presentation and documentation ofresults, interpretation or results.
- The programsthat the position supports may change over time, so flexibility is important.
- It isexpected that the position will providestatistical support to studies conducted by Safety Assessment. Typically thesestudies are animal toxicity/carcinogenicity experiments or biomarkerdiscovery/development studies.
- It is expectedthat the position will support studies conducted by Merck ResearchLaboratories discovery and developmentscientists, including studies of animal models of safety/efficacy, biomarkerstudies, and assay discovery/development/validation.
- Develop, coordinate,and provide biostatistical leadership and support for related drug/vaccineprojects in Biometrics Research.
- Ensure thatsound scientific principles and statistical methods are applied to designingand analyzing non-clinical trials or clinical studies in support of discoveryand worldwide regulatory submissions. Interact with clinical, regulatory,statistical programming, data management, and other Merck Research Laboratoriesscientists in designing and analyzing non-clinical and clinical trials, and incoordinating the statistical activities for clinical drug/vaccine projects. Mayinteract with Contract Research Organizations (CRO).
Education Minimum Requirement:
Masters degree in Statistics,Biostatistics, Data Science, or a related field (e.g. Applied Mathematics,Engineering, Computer Science, Physics, Chemistry)
· An understanding of the biology of disease especially toxicology.
· An understanding of risk and safety assessment.
· Ability to work with large complex data sets.
· An understanding of modern techniques for statistical and/or machine learning.
Your role at Merck is integral to helping the world meet new breakthroughs that affect generations to come, and we’re counting on your skills and inventiveness to help make meaningful contributions to global medical advancement. At Merck, we’re inventing for life.
If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Search Firm Representatives Please Read Carefully:
Merck & Co., Inc. is not accepting unsolicited assistance from search firms for this employment opportunity. Please, no phone calls or emails. All resumes submitted by search firms to any employee at Merck via email, the Internet or in any form and/or method without a valid written search agreement in place for this position will be deemed the sole property of Merck. No fee will be paid in the event the candidate is hired by Merck as a result of the referral or through other means.
Visa sponsorship is not available for this position.
For more information about personal rights under Equal Employment Opportunity, visit:
Employee Status: Regular
Number of Openings:
Shift (if applicable):
Company Trade Name: Merck