The Ohio State University President’s Postdoctoral Scholars Program
The Ohio State University President’s Postdoctoral Scholars Program (PPSP) seeks to recognize outstanding young researchers at the university and aid in the recruitment of highly qualified postdoctoral fellows who will become leaders in their fields.
The program will award funding to support further scholarly training of PhDs and terminal degree holders who wish to pursue careers in research and creative expression. Postdoctoral research funding, professional development and faculty mentoring will be offered.
Awards will provide salary support (starting at $50,000), benefits (including health insurance, paid vacation/sick leave) and up to $5,000 for research-related and program travel expenses. Each award is for a minimum of 12 months and may be renewed for an additional term upon demonstration of academic/research productivity and adequate career development as evidenced by successful implementation of the mentoring plan.
Nominations must be submitted by an Ohio State tenured faculty member and received by 5 p.m. on Thursday, March 15, 2018. Nominees are expected to start fall 2018 (mid August - early September).
- Hold a PhD or other appropriate terminal degree from an accredited university before the start of their postdoctoral training.
- Show evidence of superior academic achievement (such as research or creative expression outcomes, honors or other academic designation).
- Obtain the sponsorship of a tenured Ohio State faculty member* who is willing to serve as their primary mentor.**
- Demonstrate a commitment to a career in research and creative expression (preference will be given to candidates who wish to pursue academic careers).
- Present documents demonstrating that they are legally authorized to work in the United States***
*If the nominee obtained their PhD or terminal degree at Ohio State, the primary mentor cannot be their dissertation advisor.
**Faculty mentors/sponsors will be asked to attend an orientation session to learn more about the benefits of the program, review criteria for the second year renewal and participate in future review efforts for the PPSP.
***Incoming international applicants will need to process an appropriate visa and the award will be contingent upon such visa
For more information and submission instructions go here
Preference will be given to nominees with less of 5 years of postdoctoral experience.