Principal Research Associate, Proteomics
Moderna Therapeutics is seeking a Principal Research Associate to join the Protein Sciences group at their Cambridge, MA site. The candidate will participate in both platform technology and Moderna therapeutic area projects by performing proteomic analysis of biological samples. Specifically, the candidate will work closely with the senior scientist of the proteomics laboratory to utilize and expand current capabilities in sample preparation, LC/MS operation, and data analysis. In addition, the candidate will also be responsible for maintaining critical laboratory instruments to achieve maximal operational efficiency.
Here's What You'll Do:
- Support Proteomics senior staff by preparing samples, conducting LC/MS studies, and analyzing experimental data.
- Document assay development, validation, and SOPs to support protocol transfer to other internal functional groups and outside CROs.
- Manage LC/MS laboratory equipment, perform routine maintenance and system evaluation, and perform proper training and supervision for the use of critical laboratory instrumentsDevelop in vitro/ cell-based assays
Here's What You'll Bring to the Table:
- BS/MS or equivalent in Chemistry, Biochemistry, or Bioengineering-related field with experience in U/HPLC, LC-MS, and other chromatography-based analytical assay development
- BS with 5-8 years of relevant experience/MS with 2-5 years of relevant experience; at least 5 years of industry experience in LC/MS is preferred
- Solid hands-on experience with LC/MS analysis of biological samples derived from in vitro and in vivo sources; hands-on experience in state-of-the-art quantitative proteomics data analysis platforms preferred in addition
- Knowledge of affinity purification techniques for isolation of biomolecules; familiarity with nucleic acid, protein and lipid extraction, separation and quantification preferred in addition
- Collaborative, enthusiastic, and eager to participate in multiple collaborative projects in a cross-functional team environment
- Strong quantitative analysis skills
- Excellent written and oral communication
- Preferred Skills: microbial identifications
- Expertise in industry standards and guidelines, including USP/EP compendia testing requirements
- A proven track record of supporting the implementation of environmental monitoring programs
- Ability to multi-task to meet technology development and research goals
Here's What We'll Bring to the Table:
- Daily catered lunches on-site.
- Company-provided iPhone.
- Free parking, monthly subway pass or a subsidized commuter rail pass.
- Highly competitive healthcare coverage. Including: medical offered through BCBS (HMO/PPO), dental, and vision offered through VSP.
- Flexible Spending Accounts for medical expenses and dependent care expenses.
- 401k (traditional and Roth offered) with 50% match on first 6% deferred. Match is vested immediately.
- A suite of Moderna paid insurance coverage, including: life insurance, short-term and long-term disability
- Voluntary legal assistance plan
- 15 days' vacation per year, in addition to a discretionary winter shut down and 11 company paid holidays.
- Adoption assistance, competitive parental leave, discount to local childcare centers , as well as access to Care.com
Why join Moderna Therapeutics
We are pioneering a new class of medicines made of messenger RNA, or mRNA. The potential implications of using mRNA as a drug are significant and far-reaching. It could transform not only how certain diseases are treated but also how medicines are discovered, developed and manufactured - at a breadth, scale and speed not common in the biopharma industry.
Since our founding in 2011, we have built the industry's leading mRNA technology platform, the infrastructure to accelerate drug discovery and speed early development, a rapidly expanding pipeline, and an unparalleled team. Our development pipeline includes development candidates for mRNA-based vaccines and therapies spanning several therapeutic areas, and we have multiple clinical trials already underway with other development candidates progressing toward the clinic. In addition, we have a number of discovery programs that are advancing toward the development stage.
We invite you to explore our site to learn more about our company and how we are advancing the promise of mRNA science to improve health and impact lives around the world.
Deliver on the promise of mRNA science to create a new generation of transformative medicines for patients.
Moderna is committed to equal employment opportunity and non-discrimination for all employees and qualified applicants without regard to a person's race, color, gender, age, religion, national origin, ancestry, disability, veteran status, genetic information, sexual orientation or any characteristic protected under applicable law. Moderna will make reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with known disabilities, in accordance with applicable law.