Sr./Principal, Research Associate, Biochemistry
We seek a highly motivated, passionate, talented and experienced Sr. or Principle Research Associate to join the rare disease group at Cambridge, MA site. The candidate will support rare disease programs by performing proteomic analysis of biological samples, cellular and biochemical assays. Specifically, the candidate will work closely with senior staff to expand current capabilities of LC/MS operation/data analysis and in vitro assays. In addition, the candidate will also be responsible for maintaining nano LC and mass spectrometry instruments to achieve maximal operational efficiency.
Here's What You'll Do:
- Support senior staff by performing in vitro assays, routine LC-MS sample processing, conducting LC/MS studies, and analyzing experimental data.
- Perform routine maintenance of nano LC and mass spectrometry laboratory equipment, and provide proper training for and supervision of using LCMS instruments.
- Independently execute and troubleshoot standard assays, adapt new protocols into practice with little assistance, and query literature to incorporate additional assays as needed
- Document assay development, validation, and SOPs to support protocol transfer to other internal functional groups and outside CROs.
- Closely collaborate with other members within the research group and broadly with R&D departments throughout the company
- Accountable for experiment design, success and results delivery in aggressive timelines
Here's What You'll Bring to the Table:
- BS with 5-8 years of relevant experience/MS with 2-5 years of relevant experience in biochemistry, molecular biology, or analytical chemistry; at least 2 years of experience in LC-MS/MS, and other chromatography-based analytical assay development is preferred.
- Solid hands-on experience with protein/peptide quantification by LC/MS, maintenance of nano LC and mass spectrometry.
- Hands-on experience with cellular and molecular biology techniques and in vitro /ex vivo assays.
- Collaborative, enthusiastic, and eager to participate in multiple collaborative projects in a cross-functional team environment
- Ability to effectively communicate with internal team members and external partners
Here's What We'll Bring to the Table:
- Daily catered lunches on-site.
- Company-provided iPhone.
- Free parking, monthly subway pass or a subsidized commuter rail pass.
- Highly competitive healthcare coverage. Including: medical offered through BCBS (HMO/PPO), dental, and vision offered through VSP.
- Flexible Spending Accounts for medical expenses and dependent care expenses.
- 401k (traditional and Roth offered) with 50% match on first 6% deferred. Match is vested immediately.
- A suite of Moderna paid insurance coverage, including: life insurance, short-term and long-term disability
- Voluntary legal assistance plan
- 15 days' vacation per year, in addition to a discretionary winter shut down and 11 company paid holidays.
- 7 sick days per year
- Adoption assistance, competitive parental leave, discount at KinderCare, Little Sprouts and Champions Centers, as well as access to Care.com
Why join Moderna Therapeutics
We are pioneering a new class of medicines made of messenger RNA, or mRNA. The potential implications of using mRNA as a drug are significant and far-reaching. It could transform not only how certain diseases are treated but also how medicines are discovered, developed and manufactured - at a breadth, scale and speed not common in the biopharma industry.
Since our founding in 2011, we have built the industry's leading mRNA technology platform, the infrastructure to accelerate drug discovery and speed early development, a rapidly expanding pipeline, and an unparalleled team. Our development pipeline includes development candidates for mRNA-based vaccines and therapies spanning several therapeutic areas, and we have multiple clinical trials already underway with other development candidates progressing toward the clinic. In addition, we have a number of discovery programs that are advancing toward the development stage.
We invite you to explore our site to learn more about our company and how we are advancing the promise of mRNA science to improve health and impact lives around the world.
Deliver on the promise of mRNA science to create a new generation of transformative medicines for patients.
Moderna is committed to equal employment opportunity and non-discrimination for all employees and qualified applicants without regard to a person's race, color, gender, age, religion, national origin, ancestry, disability, veteran status, genetic information, sexual orientation or any characteristic protected under applicable law. Moderna will make reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with known disabilities, in accordance with applicable law.