This position is available in a newly innovated laboratory at the University of Kansas, Lawrence. The research project is to elucidate cellular and molecular mechanisms underlying neurodegeneration and aging using in vitro neuronal culture an in vivo transgenic mouse model and brain injection. Job Description
90% - 1. Responsible for performance of laboratory research in the area of neurodegeneration and mitochondrial function, including co-immunoprecipitation/western blot, confocal images, gene clone, PCR, immunostaining, histology for mouse brain, animal handing including brain injection, primary neuronal culture, RNA sequence analysis, and PCR array.
5%- Perform literature searches, manage data, analyze experimental results; assist in supervising students, and Literature searches and analysis of published data.
5% - Assure compliance with safety programs. Other duties as assigned. Required Qualifications Evaluation of the following requirements will be made through (1) descriptions of work experience and educational experiences in letter of application, (2) record of accomplishments and productivity addressed in resume, and (3) information provided from professional references:
1. Ph.D. with experience in biochemistry and molecular cell biology, protein expression, , molecular cloning/biology to design mutation of protein, neuronal culture, mitochondrial function assay, confocal microscopy, synaptic function, images, immunoprecipitation, histology ,PCR array and/or other related methods.
2. At least 2 publications related to molecular and cellular biology or neurobiology. NOTE: To be appointed at the Postdoctoral Researcher title, it is necessary to have the PhD in hand. Appointments made without a diploma or certified transcript indicating an earned doctorate are conditional hires and are appointed on an acting basis not to exceed six months. Upon verification of degree the appointment will be extended to its full duration.
1. Ability to carry out research tasks independently.
2. Ability to effectively collaborate with other research staff in the laboratory.
3. Dedication to research work and ability to be highly productive
KU is an EO/AAE, full policy http://policy.ku.edu/IOA/nondiscrimination
For complete details and to apply go to https://employment.ku.edu/staff/10790BR