A biotech startup project in Budapest, Hungary focused on drug discovery from natural products is looking for full-time
at the advanced postdoctoral or junior faculty level for a two year term.
We are developing diagnostic and therapeutic leads from bioactive peptide libraries, with work ranging from library construction and screening, to hit and lead characterization, and testing in disease models.
- PhD, MD, or DVM with at least 4 years of relevant postdoctoral experience
- Expertise in at least two of these areas are required:
o molecular biology
o molecular pharmacology
o cellular or humoral immunology (relevant methodologies, for example recombinant DNA, ELISA, phage-display, high-throughput screening, tissue culture assays)
- Research experience in a foreign institutions and publications
- At least mid-level knowledge of English
The ideal candidate is motivated by the project scientific goal and approach, and is an independent problem-solver with innovative mindset.
What we offer:
- Salary range is US$ 30,000-50,000/year, depending on experience and qualifications
- performance-based bonus
- opportunities to publish and attend scientific meetings
Interested candidates should send a cover letter briefly summarizing the relevant experience, a detailed CV, and contact information for three references to Zoltan Takacs, PhD (firstname.lastname@example.org)