Sr. GMP Computer System Engineer
Reporting to the Senior Director of GXP Systems, the Sr. GMP Computer Systems Engineer leads the design, development and implementation of systems that are integral to the security and operation of our manufacturing facility in Norwood, MA. This role will require partnering with groups within Moderna such as Facilities, Manufacturing, Quality, Informatics, and others to gather requirements and deploy best in class solutions. These solutions will evolve rapidly as part of a fast-paced digital manufacturing landscape.
Here's What You'll Do:
- Design, deploy, validate and improve facility computer systems including the Calibration Management System(CMMS), Security Management System(SMS), Continuous Monitoring System(CMS), Visitor Management System (VMS) and Real Time Location System(RTLS).
- Lead project delivery, coordinating multiple vendors and aligning cross-functional projects
- Support and sustain facilities computer system software including second-tier break/fix support, continuous process improvements and routine system updates
- Assist with the creation of GMP computer system deliverables including user requirements, system specifications and validation test scripts
- Partner with system end users to assist with development of procedures and processes to ensure efficient usage of technology
Here's What You'll Bring to the Table:
- A Bachelor degree in Computer Science, Engineering or IT.
- 5-8 years of experience maintaining at least one facility computer system.
- 3 years of experience in a GxP environment preferred.
- Experience with Siemens BMS, Blue Mountain CMMS, Lenel OnGuard SMS or similar technologies is a plus.
- Experience with computer systems validation practices (GAMP).
- Familiarity with cloud based technology including Amazon Web Services is a plus.
Here's What We'll Bring to the Table:
- Daily on-site catered lunches.
- Company-provided iPhone.
- Free parking, monthly subway pass or a subsidized commuter rail pass.
- Highly competitive healthcare coverage. Including: medical offered through BCBS (HMO/PPO), dental, and vision offered through VSP.
- Flexible Spending Accounts for medical expenses and dependent care expenses.
- 401k (traditional and Roth offered) with 50% match on first 6% deferred. Match is vested immediately.
- A suite of Moderna paid insurance coverage, including: life insurance, short-term and long-term disability.
- Voluntary legal assistance plan.
- 15 days' vacation and 7 sick days per year, in addition to a discretionary winter shut down and 11 company paid holidays.
- Adoption assistance, competitive parental leave, discount to local childcare centers, as well as access to Care.com.
Why join Moderna Therapeutics
We are pioneering a new class of medicines made of messenger RNA, or mRNA. The potential implications of using mRNA as a drug are significant and far-reaching. It could transform not only how certain diseases are treated but also how medicines are discovered, developed and manufactured - at a breadth, scale and speed not common in the biopharma industry.
Since our founding in 2011, we have built the industry's leading mRNA technology platform, the infrastructure to accelerate drug discovery and speed early development, a rapidly expanding pipeline, and an unparalleled team. Our development pipeline includes development candidates for mRNA-based vaccines and therapies spanning several therapeutic areas, and we have multiple clinical trials already underway with other development candidates progressing toward the clinic. In addition, we have a number of discovery programs that are advancing toward the development stage.
We invite you to explore our site to learn more about our company and how we are advancing the promise of mRNA science to improve health and impact lives around the world.
Deliver on the promise of mRNA science to create a new generation of transformative medicines for patients.
Moderna is committed to equal employment opportunity and non-discrimination for all employees and qualified applicants without regard to a person's race, color, gender, age, religion, national origin, ancestry, disability, veteran status, genetic information, sexual orientation or any characteristic protected under applicable law. Moderna will make reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with known disabilities, in accordance with applicable law.