Director, Melanoma Global Value Evidence Leader
Merck & Co., Inc. Kenilworth, N.J., U.S.A. known as Merck in the United States and Canada, is a global health care leader with a diversified portfolio of prescription medicines, vaccines and animal health products. The difference between potential and achievement lies in the spark that fuels innovation and inventiveness; this is the space where Merck has codified its legacy for over a century. Merck’s success is backed by ethical integrity, forward momentum, and an inspiring mission to achieve new milestones in global healthcare.
Merck is on a quest for cures and is committed to being the world’s premier, most research-intensive biopharmaceutical company. Today, we’re doubling down on this goal. Merck Research Laboratories is a true scientific research facility of tomorrow, and will take Merck’s leading discovery capabilities and world-class small molecule and biologics R&D expertise to create breakthrough science that radically changes the way we approach serious diseases.
The Director; Value Evidence Leader role reports to an Executive Director and is responsible for the development and implemention of the global value evidence strategy for Melanoma, and other skin cancers, for Merck Oncology products globally.
The role comprises the following responsibilities
- Responsibility for leading and coordinating the market access and value-evidence input into Melanoma clinical development programs, including the patient-reported outcomes strategy, as a member of the Melanoma Product Development Team.
- Develops the global value evidence strategy taking into account payer (including health technology assessment agencies), provider, patient, and policy maker evidence needs.
- Leads a cross-functional Value Evidence team (a sub-team of the Product Development Team), comprising individuals from Clinical Research, Medical Affairs, Regulatory, Brand and Payer Marketing, Access & Pricing, Epidemiology, and Economic & Data Science functional areas.
- Responsibility for completion of all global deliverables for new products and/or new indications to support HTA and reimbursement submissions, including economic models, real world evidence, evidence synthesis & meta-analysis, global HTA analysis plan, and global value dossier, and AMCP-format dossier.
- Coordinates and provides scientific support for HTA submissions outside the US, with subsidiaries. Leads Company responses to HTA evaluations in the US (e.g., ICER).
- Responsible for review and approval of all non-interventional study concepts through the cross-functional Value Evidence team.
- Develops and generates post-approval real world evidence on Merck Oncology product in collaboration with external researchers and experts in the field.
- Responsibility for developing a comprehensive publication and communication plan including presentation and publication of key value evidence at scientific conferences and peer reviewed journals.
- PhD in Health Services Research, Health Economics, Outcomes Research, Pharmaceutical Administration, or Public Health discipline (Epidemiology, Biostatisics, Health Policy).
- Health economics/Outcomes Research publication track record (including manuscripts and scientific presentations), Oncology health economic/outcomes research experience, minimum 5 years pharmaceutical industry experience.
- Health Economics/Outcomes Research (HEOR) Strategy development, HEOR Team Leadership, Oncology product/new indication launch experience, Melanoma research experience, Strong project management skills, Self-motivated.
Your role at Merck is integral to helping the world meet new breakthroughs that affect generations to come, and we’re counting on your skills and inventiveness to help make meaningful contributions to global medical advancement. At Merck, we’re inventing for life.
If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Search Firm Representatives Please Read Carefully:
Merck & Co., Inc. is not accepting unsolicited assistance from search firms for this employment opportunity. Please, no phone calls or emails. All resumes submitted by search firms to any employee at Merck via email, the Internet or in any form and/or method without a valid written search agreement in place for this position will be deemed the sole property of Merck. No fee will be paid in the event the candidate is hired by Merck as a result of the referral or through other means.
For more information about personal rights under Equal Employment Opportunity, visit:
Job: Outcomes Research -Health Econ
Employee Status: Regular
Travel: Yes, 15 % of the Time
Number of Openings:
Shift (if applicable):
Company Trade Name: Merck