Specialist, Research Operations
Reporting to the Director of R&D Strategic Operations, the Specialist of Research Operations is responsible for ensuring daily operational excellence across the Research Platform. The qualified candidate will take on responsibilities including Platform Leadership Team and Scientific Advisory Board logistical support, review cycle management for key research initiatives, and special project execution. This position will work closely with senior research leaders and serves as the Platform business partner to a broad variety of internal groups such as Therapeutic Areas, Preclinical Production, Manufacturing, Finance, Legal, Facilities, Informatics, and Communications. The candidate will gain significant exposure to scientific, strategic, and organizational aspects of research at Moderna and will have the opportunity to develop new competencies in adjacent areas. The candidate will be encouraged to propose and lead initiatives to increase efficiency, improve communication, and facilitate collaboration.
Here's What You'll Do:
- Plan and execute on logistics for key Research Platform initiatives, including strategic sessions, technical deep dives, quarterly review, and resource alignment.
- Manage Platform Leadership Team meetings, including establishing agenda, preparing documents, and following up on action items.
- Coordinate Scientific Advisory Board meetings, including agenda, presentations, minutes, and communications.
- Execute and manage collaborative agreements, relationships, and payments, supported by Legal and Finance departments.
- Maintain publication and conference pipeline database and prepare monthly pipeline overview for executive management.
- Execute on special projects with the Platform Leadership Team; example projects include collaboration with Informatics to develop custom software solutions for research, collaboration with HR to coordinate an internal scientific lecture series.
- Support Finance in Platform budget development and purchase orders/invoices/procurement for select significant expenses.
- Assist Facilities function with Platform space planning to ensure optimal utilization of office/lab space.
Here's What You'll Bring to the Table:
- Bachelors degree in life sciences or business-related field and 2-5 years experience in academic, biotechnology, pharmaceutical, or contract research organization required.
- Ability to independently prioritize and manage multiple projects involving different key stakeholders.
- Effective, professional communication with colleagues of various backgrounds, including scientific/technical.
- Ability to develop trust with senior research leadership and cross-functional stakeholders.
- Ability to operate in a fast-paced environment and to embrace change.
- Proficiency with SharePoint, Microsoft Teams, and Yammer or interest in learning new collaboration software tools.
Here's What We'll Bring to the Table:
- Daily catered lunches on-site.
- Company-provided iPhone.
- Free parking, monthly subway pass or a subsidized commuter rail pass.
- Highly competitive healthcare coverage. Including: medical offered through BCBS (HMO/PPO), dental, and vision offered through VSP.
- Flexible Spending Accounts for medical expenses and dependent care expenses.
- 401k (traditional and Roth offered) with 50% match on first 6% deferred. Match is vested immediately.
- A suite of Moderna paid insurance coverage, including: life insurance, short-term and long-term disability
- Voluntary legal assistance plan
- 15 days' vacation per year, in addition to a discretionary winter shut down and 11 company paid holidays.
- 7 sick days per year
- Adoption assistance, competitive parental leave, discount at KinderCare, Little Sprouts and Champions Centers, as well as access to Care.com
Why join Moderna Therapeutics
We are pioneering a new class of medicines made of messenger RNA, or mRNA. The potential implications of using mRNA as a drug are significant and far-reaching. It could transform not only how certain diseases are treated but also how medicines are discovered, developed and manufactured - at a breadth, scale and speed not common in the biopharma industry.
Since our founding in 2011, we have built the industry's leading mRNA technology platform, the infrastructure to accelerate drug discovery and speed early development, a rapidly expanding pipeline, and an unparalleled team. Our development pipeline includes development candidates for mRNA-based vaccines and therapies spanning several therapeutic areas, and we have multiple clinical trials already underway with other development candidates progressing toward the clinic. In addition, we have a number of discovery programs that are advancing toward the development stage.
We invite you to explore our site to learn more about our company and how we are advancing the promise of mRNA science to improve health and impact lives around the world.
Deliver on the promise of mRNA science to create a new generation of transformative medicines for patients.
Moderna is committed to equal employment opportunity and non-discrimination for all employees and qualified applicants without regard to a person's race, color, gender, age, religion, national origin, ancestry, disability, veteran status, genetic information, sexual orientation or any characteristic protected under applicable law. Moderna will make reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with known disabilities, in accordance with applicable law.