Cheeloo College of Medicine (CCOM), Shandong University Recruits Outstanding Talents
Shandong University, founded in 1901, is a key comprehensive university directly under the governance of the Chinese Ministry of Education. It is one of the first universities that offered higher education in modern China and now is a member of Project 211 and Project 985, which are national key construction projects supporting the development of high-quality universities. Over its long course of history, it has grown into an influential university known for a complete range of disciplines, strong academic strength and distinctive education characteristics at home and abroad.
The medical sciences of Shandong University originated from Tengchow Wen Hui Kuan, which was established in 1864. Later, it was transformed into Shantung Union Medical School, Medical School of Cheeloo University, Shandong Medical College, Shandong Medical University and now, Cheeloo College of Medicine (CCOM), Shandong University. Together with Peking Union Medical College, Xiangya School of Medicine and West China School of Medicine, Cheeloo College of Medicine is regarded as one of the four most outstanding medical organizations in China. It plays an indispensable role in Chinese medical education.
To accelerate the construction of a world-class university and disciplines, Shandong University and CCOM have made a sophisticated system to attract excellent talents. We sincerely welcome talents at home and abroad to join us!
I. Positions for national talent programs
1) The national Thousand Talents Plan, Recruitment Program for Young Professionals
The applicants should be under the age of 40, with a PhD degree granted by a prestigious overseas university, and have over three consecutive years of research experience overseas with formal teaching and researching positions in a prestigious university, institution or enterprise overseas.
2) Young Scholars of Chang Jiang Scholars Program
The applicants should be under the age of 38, or 45 for those engaged in humanities and social sciences. In general, applicants should be PhD degree holders with formal teaching and research experience.
2. Disciplines and research areas
II. Research faculty positions
In general, assistant researchers, associate researchers and research fellows should be under the age of 32, 35 and 40, respectively.
Research fellows should meet at least one of the following requirements in addition to those required by the specific discipline or school:
(1) Experience working as assistant professors in overseas prestigious universities or research institutes;
(2) Experience working as distinguished postdocs in overseas prestigious universities or research institutes;
(3) Experience working in senior professional positions in prestigious universities or research institutes in China.
Associate researchers should meet at least one of the following requirements in addition to those required by the specific discipline or school:
(1) Distinguished postdocs or PhD students in overseas prestigious universities or research institutes;
(2) Associate senior professional position holders in prestigious universities or research institutes in China;
(3) Distinguished postdocs in prestigious universities or research institutes in China.
Assistant researchers should meet at least one of the following requirements in addition to those required by the specific discipline or school:
(1) Distinguished postdocs or PhD holders from overseas prestigious universities or research institutes;
(2) Distinguished postdocs in prestigious universities or research institutes in China;
(3) PhD degree holders with all diplomas granted by prestigious Chinese universities or research institutes, but have experience working or studying in more than two institutions or studying overseas for more than one year;
(4) PhD students graduated from prestigious Chinese universities ranking among the top in the relative disciplines.
2. Disciplines and research areas for research faculty
III. Positions for foreign faculty (Cheeloo College of Medicine)
1. General requirements
The applicants should be native English speakers trained in medical sciences with rich teaching and research experience in famous universities in English-speaking countries, and have insights into the frontier of medical education and medical science development.
2. Disciplines and research areas for foreign teachers (School of Basic Medical Sciences)
IV. Postdoctoral positions
1. General requirements:
1) Recent PhD graduates;
2) Good morals and academic strength; good health; great communication and coordination skills; a team player capable of working independently; under the age of 36.
3) Good English reading, listening and speaking skills and capable of writing English papers;
4) Capable of conducting medical research independently or jointly;
5) Applicants with a PhD degree granted by Shandong University will not be admitted to the postdoctoral research stations of the same level of discipline in our university except in enterprise postdoc positions.
6) In compliance with relative regulations for postdocs of Shandong University.
2. Positions and requirements:
V. Application methods
Interested applicants should contact the corresponding contacts listed above directly.
Recruitment information is valid throughout the year.