Downstream Processing Technician
Merck & Co., Inc. Kenilworth, N.J., U.S.A. known as Merck in the United States and Canada, is a global health care leader with a diversified portfolio of prescription medicines, vaccines and animal health products. The difference between potential and achievement lies in the spark that fuels innovation and inventiveness; this is the space where Merck has codified its legacy for over a century. Merck’s success is backed by ethical integrity, forward momentum, and an inspiring mission to achieve new milestones in global healthcare.
Merck Manufacturing Division, MMD, is a team of dedicated, energetic individuals who are committed to being the most trusted supplier of pharmaceuticals and health products worldwide. Our facilities, along with our external contractors, suppliers, and partners, comprise an interdependent global manufacturing network that’s committed to delivering a compliant, reliable supply to customers and patients on time, every time, across the globe.
The Downstream Processing Technician position is available at the Merck Animal Health facility in Elkhorn, Nebraska, located on the West end of Omaha. The Elkhorn facility is expanding operations to manufacture animal vaccines and biologics. Looking for talented individuals to join our Production teams using key technologies for cell culture, filling and packaging.
The Downstream Processing Technician will be responsibe for operation of assigned Filling and Freeze Drying of Finished Product and diluents in careful compliance with established operating procedures.
This position will perform the following duties:
- Operates fill machines, capping machines, freeze dryers, autoclave, dry heat oven, in accordance with standard operating procedures.
- Ensures quality product by knowing and maintaining company and Departmental standards and procedures.
- Troubleshoots and performs adjustments of equipment as required.
- Responsible for setting up of Freeze dryer operation as required by the production schedule.
- Ensure all assigned equipment and components are staged for assigned operation.
- Performs machine change over's as required by the production schedule.
- Maintaining documentation and other duties as assigned
- Perfroms other hybrid duties within the downstream process team as designated by shift leader or supervisor which may include, but is not limited to: automated packaging, cleaning/steaming of stainless steel blending vessels and inventory control.
- Must be willing to work overtime as needed
- This is a 1st shift position daily hours are 0500 – 1730 Friday – Sunday.
- High School Diploma or equivalent required
- Ability to operate manufacturing equipment.
- Working knowledge of mechanics and ability to troubleshoot line equipment required.
- General knowledge of reading, mathematics, using both U.S. customary and metric systems and computer skills is required.
- Two years relevant manufacturing experience and a basic understanding of electromechanical systems, manufacturing procedures, techniques and equipment
- Strong attention to detail and documentation skills are required
- Ability to communicate and work in cooperation with other employees in the manufacturing.
- Working knowledge of cGMP and inventory control concepts strongly preferred.
- An understanding of aseptic techniques and procedures preferred.
Your role at Merck is integral to helping the world meet new breakthroughs that affect generations to come, and we’re counting on your skills and inventiveness to help make meaningful contributions to global medical advancement. At Merck, we’re inventing for life.
If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request to email@example.com.
Search Firm Representatives Please Read Carefully:
Merck & Co., Inc. is not accepting unsolicited assistance from search firms for this employment opportunity. Please, no phone calls or emails. All resumes submitted by search firms to any employee at Merck via email, the Internet or in any form and/or method without a valid written search agreement in place for this position will be deemed the sole property of Merck. No fee will be paid in the event the candidate is hired by Merck as a result of the referral or through other means.
Visa sponsorship is not available for this position.
For more information about personal rights under Equal Employment Opportunity, visit:
Job: Manuf./Operations Generic
Employee Status: Regular
Number of Openings:
Shift (if applicable):
Company Trade Name: Merck