Lilly's Biotechnology Center in San Diego is looking to expand its capabilities in the immunogenicity research group. Would you like to join a company that strives to impact the lives of both patients as well as all in our communities through research and volunteerism? We are looking for a highly motivated and agile scientist. You will have the opportunity to contribute by independently designing, developing and validating the cellular/immunology cell-based functional assays to test and analyze molecule activities, investigate the mechanism of action of biological drugs in vitro and in vivo, and ultimately to deliver preclinical evidence for future clinical testing. Are you ready to join a dynamic and highly collaborative team? Lilly is interested in you.Key Objectives/Deliverables:
- Develop immune functional cell-based assays with extensive immunology research- related technologies (e.g. human whole blood, primary human and mouse/rat leukocyte isolation, cellular activation and differentiation, cytokine assays, FACS, etc).
- Design, screen and analyze data for protein in cell-based assays.
- Investigate cellular signal transduction, develop cellular activity assays, cytokine/receptor signaling (western, qPCR, intracellular staining and ELISA, ELISPOT, confocal/image related techniques).
- Isolation, purification and culture of freshly isolated different populations of leukocyte from human, mouse and rat for ex vivo assays.
- Preparing cellular materials for genomic and proteomic assessment.
- Independently design and execute experiments, analyze, interpret and present experimental data.
- Bachelor's degree in biology, molecular and cellular immunology or similar discipline with 2 or more years of research experience in an academic institute, biotechnology or pharmaceutical industry.
- Qualified candidates must be legally authorized to be employed in the United States. Lilly does not anticipate providing sponsorship for employment visa status (e.g., H-1B or TN status) for this employment position.
- M.S. in biology, molecular and cellular immunology or a related biological area.
- Cell culture and functional cell based assays.
- Familiar with in vivo animal models.
- High knowledge and skills for flow cytometry.
- FACS research technologies and analysis.
Lilly is an EEO/Affirmative Action Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of age, race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, protected veteran status, disability or any other legally protected status.
Lilly credits its exceptional employees for its successes, and knows the key to ongoing achievement lies in attracting and retaining the best people. A company rich in heritage, Lilly employs individuals, conducts research and markets products worldwide. By providing for the unmet needs of our customers through a continuous stream of innovation, we will outgrow all competitors.
Lilly earns consistent and wide recognition for creating an exceptional work environment:
•Business Week magazine 50 Best Places To Launch A Career™
•FORTUNE America's Most Admired Companies™
•FORTUNE 50 Best Companies for Minorities™
•Working Mother 100 Best Companies for Working Mothers™
•Industry Week magazine 100 Best-Managed Companies™
•Science magazine Best Companies for Scientists™