Research Analytics is a global team of computational scientists, operating across six R&D sites within the Celgene Research and Early Development division. We pursue innovative computational research towards Celgene objectives, across domains ranging from bioinformatics, computational biology to machine learning, systems biology and mathematical modeling.
Current areas of investigation include application and development of novel computational approaches to unravel the mechanism of action of Celgene’s pipeline compounds, methods for integrative analysis of omics data, predictive approaches to patient stratification, and mathematical models of intra- and inter-cellular processes.
In addition, we are involved in a range of academic collaborations aimed at understanding disease at molecular and systems level.
To join our team at the Celgene Institute for Translational Research Europe (CITRE) in Seville, Spain, we are looking for talented computational scientists with expertise in one or more of the following areas:
- Applied machine learning
- Biological information systems
- Network/pathway-based analysis methods
- Integrative analysis of high-throughput data
- Single-cell profiling
- Human genetics
- Clinical data mining
- PhD in computational biology / bioinformatics, statistics, computer science or related fields, from a recognized higher-education establishment
- Prior experience (3+ years) of computational research in a biological or clinical context, supported by high-quality publications
- Expertise in Linux, statistical programming and data manipulation, using e.g. R/Bioconductor, Matlab, Python, plus good knowledge of contemporary database structures
- Experience with version control and high performance computing, including cloud computing and/or big data analytics platforms would be advantageous
- Collaborative spirit, proven ability to contribute beyond personal projects
- Ability to understand and communicate the output of computational research to multi-disciplinary scientific teams
- Verbal and written English language fluency. Proficiency in Spanish would be advantageous
The position presents a unique opportunity to experience research in an industry setting and to contribute to helping patients with unmet medical need, while maintaining a link to academic research (publication is encouraged).
The positions advertised are fixed-term positions of 24 months duration based in Seville, Spain, reporting to the Principal Scientist, Research Analytics at CITRE.
Those interested in the position described should submit full CV and cover letter addressed to Virginia Garcia (email@example.com).
Apply for Computational Scientist
Already uploaded your resume? Sign in to apply instantly