Product Manager - General Labware
When you're part of the team at Thermo Fisher Scientific, you'll do important work, like helping customers in finding cures for cancer, protecting the environment or making sure our food is safe. Your work will have real-world impact, and you'll be supported in achieving your career goals.
How will you make an impact?
The Product Manager within the Laboratory Products Division will lead the global portfolio from cradle to grave for the labware plastic products going into multiple vertical markets and partnering with the customer, commercial marketing, and sales channel.
What will you do?
The Product Manager will be responsible for developing portfolio strategy with a keen focus on the 2 year vision for new product development from concept phase, launch, and post-launch assessment.
Responsibilities include market and opportunity assessment using various marketing tools such as Real Win Worth Analysis, Pugh Analysis, Voice-of-the-Customer, Value Proposition, Portfolio Management, and Roadmaps. The successful candidate will drive short to medium term strategy via delivery of product / market roadmaps, new product introductions, e-business, competitive benchmarking, sales channel optimization, annual pricing, and product life cycle management.
The Product Manager will act as the product evangelist internally and externally for the assigned labware products (beakers, flasks, funnels, graduated cylinders, wash bottles, test tube racks) via product and market training, tradeshows / symposiums, and industry trade journals. Additional responsibilities include relationship management with key opinion leaders as well as assisting with the annual operating and strategic plan.
• New Product Development - Create business case and manage through the launch cycle
• Marketing Program Execution - Work with marketing communications, e-business, operations, and regional commercial selling organization to create, introduce, and drive global marketing activities, including, but not limited to, product promotions, product bundle offers, cross selling and internal facing sales tools
• Analyze product portfolio and make decisions to optimize performance for growth, harvest, end-of-life, and sustain to improve service and financial performance.
• Analyze inventory positions by SKU and maximize inventory turns and growth
• Update print collateral, electronic material and ROI tools to support product portfolio.
• Implement marketing communication tactics, including website content updates, application notes, electronic and printed literature, newsletters and articles
• Provide competitive benchmarking and positioning to commercial sales
• Commercial Support - Maintain relationships with key customers to develop them into reference customers to help sales and plan next gen products via VOC collection
• Creates and performs global product and market training to direct and indirect sales teams
• Works closely with Sales Management, Commercial Marketing, and Applications to create training on market segment trends, products, positioning by segment, competition, and customer profiles.
• Liaise with channel partner product management team in North America and facilitate programs through business development and commercial marketing teams located in Asia and Europe.
• Attend tradeshows, sales meetings, and other activities to support customers and growth.
How will you get here?
• Bachelor degree in engineering, business, science or equivalent experience.
• 2 years of work experience within the Life Sciences, Pharmaceutical, Biotech, Applied Sciences, or Clinical vertical markets
• 2 years Product Management, Technical Support, Sales, or Commercial Marketing experience, preferably on a global scale.
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities
• Strategic thinker, ability to create strategy, and adaptability to grow faster than the market
• Experience with CRM database programs, such as Salesforce.com
• Must possess strong interpersonal, presentation, communication (verbal and written) and influencing skills.
• Proven track record of managing multiple complex individual and team assignments autonomously and executing on time.
• Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills, including ability to influence others.
• A team player with a bias for action and driving projects to fruition.
• Willingness to travel up to 15% domestically and internationally.
• Applications or laboratory experience in life science considered a plus.
• Courageous, outgoing, analytical, strategic, disciplined, agile, team-oriented
• Ability to effectively lead and manage a team through influence in a matrix organizational structure
• Results and solution-driven with ability to think creatively
• Proactively cooperate with other departments to create holistic marketing programs and campaigns that align with internal processes
• Ability to effectively present to higher levels of organizations, internally and externally
• Ability to develop and maintain relationships internal and external to the organization
At Thermo Fisher Scientific, each one of our 65,000 extraordinary minds has a unique story to tell. Join us and contribute to our singular mission—enabling our customers to make the world healthier, cleaner and safer. Apply today http://jobs.thermofisher.com
Thermo Fisher Scientific is an EEO/Affirmative Action Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability or any other legally protected status.