Quality Assurance Supervisor
Quality Assurance Supervisor - Water Analysis Instruments, Chelmsford, MA
How You'll Make A Difference:
The candidate will provide quality assurance expertise and oversight to the Water Analysis Instrument manufacturing site in Chelmsford, MA. The QA Supervisor will drive continuous improvement of product quality and customer satisfaction through effective application and enhancement of the established quality management system and systematic monitoring and analysis of identified quality indicators. They will support and develop their team responsible for Incoming Inspection, Document Control and Final Lot Release.
What You'll Get to Do:
- Manage a team of 5 quality professionals.
- Identify and drive continuous improvement efforts in quality processes.
- Lead the site's continued registration to the ISO 9001 standard.
- Coordinate the site's customer complaint process to achieve quick, comprehensive resolution of field issues.
- Resolve customer requests for quality related information.
- Partner with Operations to ensure an efficient and effective lot release process.
- Utilize company's structured problem-solving methodology to drive efficiency gains through independent and team projects.
- Minimum of 5 years of experience as a Quality Professional in a technical manufacturing environment with increasing levels of responsibility
- Minimum of a Bachelor's degree in a scientific discipline or comparable demonstrated skills and aptitude.
- Strong written and verbal skills
- Ability to trend and analyze data to determine improvement opportunities
- Ability to effectively interact remotely with global colleagues
- Capacity to work independently and to influence those over which you have no direct authority
- Evident skills to lead a team focusing on performance, teamwork and individual development
Thermo Fisher Scientific is an EEO/Affirmative Action Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability or any other legally protected status.