“Hundred Talents Program”
About Zhejiang University
Located in the historical and picturesque city of Hangzhou, Zhejiang University is a prestigious institution of higher education with a long history. After a hundred and twenty years of construction and development, Zhejiang University has become a comprehensive research university with distinctive features and relatively great impact at home and abroad. Research at Zhejiang University spans 12 academic disciplines, covering philosophy, economics, law, education, literature, history, art, science, engineering, agriculture, medicine, management and etc. In all 22 disciplines of ESI, there are 18 disciplines leading to top 1% and 8 disciplines leading to top 1‰ in the world (ESI, November of 2017). Zhejiang University has always been committed to cultivating talents with excellence, advancing science and technology development, serving for social well-being, and promoting advanced culture with the spirit best manifested by the university motto “Seeking the Truth and Pioneering New Trails”. Zhejiang University has long been holding the educational philosophy of putting people foremost, cultivating students in an all-round way, seeking the truth and pioneering new trails in search of excellence, and is committed to cultivating future leaders with an international perspective.
"What makes a top university is the talents it has, instead of the amount of building that stands." Zhejiang University attracts distinguished talents worldwide. In order to inherit hundred years of development, Zhejiang University sincerely invites excellent talents to join us and together to create a glorious future for Zhejiang University and its people.
Zhejiang University “Hundred Talents Program”
Term & Recruitment Package
Candidates should have
- Demonstrated commitment to excellence in teaching and research;
- A proven track record of academic achievements, which are comparable to those of assistant professors or associate professors in world-renowned universities;
- A doctoral degree from a world-renowned university, preferably with postdoctoral experiences.
Young and mid-career researchers are particularly welcomed to apply.
What we offer
The successful candidate will be employed as a “ZJU100 Young Professor” who is qualified to supervise doctoral students. The university will offer:
- A decent compensation package;
- Subsidized housing available for high quality researchers to purchase;
- Internationally competitive startup packages for research;
- Large office and laboratory space with well-equipped facilities.
- He /She who holds this position should undertake a high-quality task of teaching. There can be a reduction of teaching task in the first 3 years.
- He /She who holds this position should be engaged in a high-level research, try to initiate a new orientation of discipline development, set up the original theoretical and practical researches or key technologies, enhance his/her own international academic influence and to become an internationally active academic member.
How to apply
Qualified applicants are strongly encouraged to submit their applications electronically to email@example.com with the following materials in PDF format:
- A comprehensive CV;
- A statement of research and teaching plan;
- Certificates of academic degrees;
- Three writing samples of major publications;
- A list of 3 to 5 references with detailed contact information.
For other detailed recruitment information, please visit our website: