Senior Manager, EHS
When you're part of the team at Thermo Fisher Scientific, you'll do important work, like helping customers in finding cures for cancer, protecting the environment or making sure our food is safe. Your work will have real-world impact, and you'll be supported in achieving your career goals.
How will you make an impact?
This position is responsible for developing strategy and implementing the company's Environmental, Health and Safety (EHS) and Sustainability Programs. This position will lead and execute safety, environmental compliance and sustainability efforts. This position will be responsible for establishing and overseeing health and safety standards. This position will select, develop, and evaluate personnel to ensure the efficient operation of the function by performing the following duties:
- Responsible for Frederick, Millersburg and Rochester EHS operations at the LSG / LPD group as needed - predominantly in the Unites States of America, but not limited to domestic operations
- Responsible for liaising and interacting with business leaders and country Vice Presidents/General Managers to EHS needs to support business growth. Responsible for providing support and delivering metrics/results to the above mentioned stakeholders
- Serve as the SME on the Site Leadership Team on all EHS matters. Advise the site leadership team on safety related issues, initiatives, and strategy for continuous improvement
- Develops, maintains, and enforces Safety Policies and Procedures in accordance with all EHS local, state, federal and corporate achievement program requirements. The site operations includes distribution center/warehouses, manufacturing site, specialized lab and offices
- Develops projects and lead teams to achieve improvements in site EHS performance and enhancements in site safety culture
- Ensure EHS risk assessments for new operations, equipment and process changes. Work to resolve all EHS concerns
- Ensures employee safety training program, including developing and delivering training curricula, and selecting and evaluating outside consultants/trainers where necessary
- Ensures reviews are conducted on the procurement of chemicals and materials purchased for production, engineering, and R&D, including the maintenance of the library of SDS
- Ensures emergency response activities are performed
- Drives productivity and cost savings in the accumulation, collection, storage, and disposal of hazardous waste and non-hazardous waste aiming at achieving zero waste status at each location
- Drives quality delivery, productivity and cost savings of all EHS operations
- Establishes and manages comprehensive ergonomics programs
- Develops and manages site EHS budget
- Conducts site audits for compliance with company global standards
- Leads and influences the daily work of the EHS Department including budgeting, hiring, and staffing and performance management
- Oversees the administration of company compliance with regulatory permits. Prepares applications, interpreted regulations and adapted written programs as necessary. Represents company to regulatory agencies on EHS matters
- Reviews metrics and conduct trend analysis
- Implements programs and strategy in line with/by Global Facilities and Global Security & Business Continuity plan (BCM)
- Impart knowledge and skill to team member and implement best practice across the region
- Monitor utilities spending and drive energy/water/gas conservation initiatives and projects in the region
How will you get here?
Bachelors degree or equivalent level degree in EHS, science or engineering
Advanced degree preferred
Relevant Professional certification(s) preferred - Professional Engineer (PE), Certified Safety Professional (CSP), Certified Industrial Hygienist (CIH)
10+ years of EHS regulations experience required
Proven outstanding leadership skills
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities
Demonstrated ability to manage priorities and work under tight timelines
Excellent oral and written communication skills
Ability to create a sense of urgency around preventing injuries, illness and environmental contamination while conserving natural resources
Highly developed interpersonal and cross-cultural skills
At Thermo Fisher Scientific, each one of our 65,000 extraordinary minds has a unique story to tell. Join us and contribute to our singular mission—enabling our customers to make the world healthier, cleaner and safer.
Apply today! http://jobs.thermofisher.com
Thermo Fisher Scientific is an EEO/Affirmative Action Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability or any other legally protected status.