Sr. Staff Scientist
When you join us at Thermo Fisher Scientific, you'll be part of a smart, driven team that shares your passion for exploration and discovery. With revenues of $20 billion and the largest investment in R&D in the industry, we give our people the resources and opportunities to make significant contributions to the world.
We are currently searching for a talented Senior Scientist who will lead the technical development of new products for biopharmaceutical testing.
- Lead the technical development of new products for biopharmaceutical testing.
- Collaborate with cross functional teams to construct, maintain and update BOMs for pharma kits.
- Issue and track engineering changes to sustain product manufacturing.
- Interact with reagent manufacturers to transfer and scale up new reagent formulations and keep manufacturing methods and related documents up to date.
- Independently plan and execute experiments to test new formulations and effects of process changes.
- Participate in large-scale team experimental projects such as reagent stability and formulation guard banding.
- Critically analyze complex data, interpret and integrate experimental results with project objectives.
- Support on-market product activities including custom projects, develop applications and support product management in writing white papers.
- A PhD degree Chemistry, Biochemistry, Molecular Biology or a related field with up to 6 years of industry experience or Master's degree with 8-10 years' experience or Bachelor's degree with >10 years' experience.
- Experience in manufacturing process development and product validation and verification.
- Strong document control experience. Excellent writing skills.
- Demonstrated ability to adapt, develop and document new analytical methodologies as required, transferring methods from R&D environment to Manufacturing for routine use in material and product testing as required.
- Solid understanding of qPCR, Capillary Electrophoresis, Next Gen Sequencing, Liquid Chromatography and Protein products would be a key differentiator.
At Thermo Fisher Scientific, each one of our 65,000 extraordinary minds has a unique story to tell. Join us and contribute to our singular mission—enabling our customers to make the world healthier, cleaner and safer. Apply today http://jobs.thermofisher.com
Thermo Fisher Scientific is an EEO/Affirmative Action Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability or any other legally protected status.